Opnions on the Zestava AK sporters and VZ2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honest question, if if it's not considered an AK, how would you classify it?

Beau got it right: Samopal Vzor (model) 58. The only thing a Vz58 shares with an AK-47 is the ammo. Everything else about it is of a different design. The Czechs were allowed to design their own rifle during the Soviet days, but they were required to use the 7.62x39 cartridge. It is an excellent design, and a fun rifle to shoot.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I had not just bought a rifle (PTR-91), I' seriously consider the deal that AIM on the VZ2008. It looks like a very sweet rifle, and I've heard nothing but positive statements about them (VZ-58s)

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a vz and I really like it. It is a completely different gun from an AK. It is lighter even though it is milled. Function has been flawless. The one thing I don't like about, It gets really hot. I mean really hot if you run 2 or 3 mags through it. I thought the front hand guards were going to catch on fire. It was smoking and the inside of the hand guard was burnt after 250 rds. I don't know if this is an issue with my gun or all vz58s. I think mine would combust if it was full auto.

JJ Hiryuu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom