Optical sights and mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

White Kid

Does anyone know of a good company that sells optical sight mounts that just attach to the rail of a Glock?

I'm thinking of getting one day the Trijicon RMR sight for my Glock I'll soon be getting. Does anyone know of any mounts that just attach to the rail of a Glock? I really don't feel like messing with the trigger pin and the other pin in it, I don't feel like replacing them. But if so tell me of a company that makes mounts that deal with the pins but also I want a good looking mount and not a weird looking one.

Also if anyone know of any mounts like I just said but being able to put an EOTech on instead of the little reflex sights.

Post links if you can!

-White Kid

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In USPSA people tend to use the Carver or SJC mounts, neither of which attach solely to the rail. Consider a slide mounted optic instead if you're really wanting the easiest install.

When buying guns suitable for winning games take a step back and look at what is winning. Glocks work very well for the iron sighted divisions, but turning them into open division winners is tough.

W

White Kid

In USPSA people tend to use the Carver or SJC mounts, neither of which attach solely to the rail. Consider a slide mounted optic instead if you're really wanting the easiest install.

When buying guns suitable for winning games take a step back and look at what is winning. Glocks work very well for the iron sighted divisions, but turning them into open division winners is tough.
Well I've seen some people make nice open class Glocks, like Tori Nonaka on Team Glock (I LOVE HER!).

She's pretty good with a plain 34 with only a mag well and the SJC mount and a C-More sight.

But I might get me two Glock 35s. One with just a mag well (I'll probably take that on and off) and either Trijicon or Meprolight night sights, and the second one with a mount, mag well, possibly a comp, and either for a sight a Trijicon RMR or EOTech. I think you can put a EOTech on those type of mounts since it looks like a standard 1913 picitiny rail.

Correct me if I'm wrong about being able to put a EOTech on it! I really need to know! Although an EOTech might a wee bit different from the rest I like them 'cuz they work.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An Eotech would be HUGE on a pistol. Even the XPS would be a giant. Stick with the mini reflex sights.

RMR
Delta point
Fast Fire
Primary arms
etc...

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Absolutely, they can run well, but if you really want an open gun call SJC or similar and get a gun from them, or send them a gun to work on. Quality parts installed professionally equals a better product than shortcuts, which the rail only optic mounts are.

Dynamic handgun shooters don't use Eotechs because of the bulk, they work great for rifles but perched on top of a handgun really isn't their place. C-mores', deltapoints etc. are better choices. Your goal for a 35 with sights and a magwell is a good pick for a USPSA Limited division handgun. A 34 with updated sites fits a greater spectrum of divisions though and ammo will be cheaper.

The USPSA/IDPA/3-gun guys here in OKC and in Tulsa would love to have you and your dad come to a match or two and try out what has been proven to work for the action shooting sports. Come on out and you'll be able to see first hand what gear the best shooters in the state use.

W

White Kid

An Eotech would be HUGE on a pistol. Even the XPS would be a giant. Stick with the mini reflex sights.

RMR
Delta point
Fast Fire
Primary arms
etc...
Oh, I know that the EOTech would be kinda big, but I'm different that way.

Besides I'll probably just stick with a Trijicon RMR reflex sight, if only though I can find a great mount for it that isn't cheap plastic.

W

White Kid

Absolutely, they can run well, but if you really want an open gun call SJC or similar and get a gun from them, or send them a gun to work on. Quality parts installed professionally equals a better product than shortcuts, which the rail only optic mounts are.

Dynamic handgun shooters don't use Eotechs because of the bulk, they work great for rifles but perched on top of a handgun really isn't their place. C-mores', deltapoints etc. are better choices. Your goal for a 35 with sights and a magwell is a good pick for a USPSA Limited division handgun. A 34 with updated sites fits a greater spectrum of divisions though and ammo will be cheaper.

The USPSA/IDPA/3-gun guys here in OKC and in Tulsa would love to have you and your dad come to a match or two and try out what has been proven to work for the action shooting sports. Come on out and you'll be able to see first hand what gear the best shooters in the state use.
Well I'll probably just stick with the Trijicon RMR reflex sight, if only though I can find a great mount and not a cheap plastic one.

But where do you go for the USPCA, IDPA, IPSC, and all that? Do you go up to USSA and shoot there or somewhere else?

W

White Kid

Do you know of anyone who makes great quality "dove-tail" mounts?

I saw a picture of the Trijicon RMR reflex sight w/ a simple looking dove-tail mount on a Glock. Or if you know of a company that make a nice low-profile mount for those type of reflex sight.

W

White Kid

OKCGC, USSA, Pryor, Ponca City, Oil Capitol, H&H, all have regular USPSA.

OKCGC and USSA have regular 3-gun.

Something going on every weekend, not really any GSSF around Oklahoma.
I know that USSA has things like Steel Challenge, USPCA, IDPA, ICORE, IPSC, and others like the shoot house they have there.

Are those other places you had mentioned around the distance like OKC and Tulsa or farther north? I can't really go out past OKC since my dad has this really bad neck injury and to get to OKC it's like 2 hours, Tulsa is like 1 hour and 30 min.

But I wish that there where places in Oklahoma where they have GSSF, I'd go to every single one if we have the money. But I'm still excited about the one in Colorado and Texas I might go to! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom