OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning folks.

th

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to sit out on my patio for awhile this afternoon. The good Lord smiled upon me, and I relished one of the simple things in life so many take for granted. I am so thankful for great and small, and I hope each of you were able to do something you enjoyed today.

Well, not really but my wife liked the outing because she drove home a new Subaru Forester Limited. Woe is us. Gone are the days when you can open a door with a key, get in, use the key to start the car and go. Every time she gets in this thing and pushes the button it blasts a screen warning you to drive safely with an "I agree" button at the bottom. It pulls your steering wheel if you stray without signaling, it stomps on the brakes to keep you from running through 7-11's, it beeps and squawks and curses you by not turning when it told you to because you forgot milk and didn't add a stop to the NAV. That new car smell stinks too. I had to roll the window down to breathe.

She's in her chair studying all the books for the thing happy as a clam.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, not really but my wife liked the outing because she drove home a new Subaru Forester Limited. Woe is us. Gone are the days when you can open a door with a key, get in, use the key to start the car and go. Every time she gets in this thing and pushes the button it blasts a screen warning you to drive safely with an "I agree" button at the bottom. It pulls your steering wheel if you stray without signaling, it stomps on the brakes to keep you from running through 7-11's, it beeps and squawks and curses you by not turning when it told you to because you forgot milk and didn't add a stop to the NAV. That new car smell stinks too. I had to roll the window down to breathe.

She's in her chair studying all the books for the thing happy as a clam.

WOW, give me a 60-70s model I despise new computer controlled things..

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I didn't make it today. The wife had too many honey-do chores for me today. So I am going to try again tomorrow.

The wife pulled out the driveway to go grocery shopping and as soon as she was out of sight I grabbed a gun and went shooting.. I knew she was going to be gone awhile since there was 3 stops with hobby lobby being one of them.. ( I should be ashamed of myself) LOL.. I got to hang some new 3"gongs with fresh paint and then proceeded to mess up the paint.. I much enjoyed myself..

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but it is ridiculous for a vehicle to do all the thinking. I refuse to use anything even remotely related to automatic braking, steering, or whatever. All that will do is get people to where they rely on the vehicle and not on their own senses and common sense.

That's like the vehicles with a fob that only has to be in the proximity of the vehicle. Say someone steals one's wife's purse...then they can steal the wife's vehicle. And, if there is a "home" address in navigation, it will lead them to one's home.

I can't even say that I like the new headlights on vehicles. Give me a key, sense to operate the vehicle, and less "automatic" crud.

Latest posts

Top Bottom