OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how this one came about. It must have been the wife taking this one showing the natural beauty of the landscape and the ugliness of the back of my head. At any rate, this was along the Needles Highway in South Dakota near Mount Rushmore. Needles Highway is the same as Highway 87, which branches off of Highway 385.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6 of us rented a tri-toon this morning to motor out to the end of the runway at Pensacola NAS to watch the Blue Angles practice.
Some of the flyovers were around a 1000 feet above us. The roar of the jets was amazing.
Incredible show of piloting skills.

image000000.jpeg

image000000.jpeg
IMG_2846.jpeg

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6 of us rented a tri-toon this morning to motor out to the end of the runway at Pensacola NAS to watch the Blue Angles practice.
Some of the flyovers were around a 1000 feet above us. The roar of the jets was amazing.
Incredible show of piloting skills.

View attachment 465796
View attachment 465797View attachment 465798
Grew up in SoCal, and the very first air show I attended was at El Toro Marine Base. Later wound up at Nellis, where the USAF Aerial Demonstration team, the Thunderbirds, was based. Honestly, I think the Blue Angels do a slightly better show, but I've loved them both. I was also there when they had the 4-ship accident that forced the Thunderbirds to transition to the F-16 from the T-38's. Yep. I'm old.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grew up in SoCal, and the very first air show I attended was at El Toro Marine Base. Later wound up at Nellis, where the USAF Aerial Demonstration team, the Thunderbirds, was based. Honestly, I think the Blue Angels do a slightly better show, but I've loved them both. I was also there when they had the 4-ship accident that forced the Thunderbirds to transition to the F-16 from the T-38's. Yep. I'm old.
We talked about that accident today. They flew into the ground waiting on a command to break if memory serves me. Tragic accident that’s never been repeated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom