OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished moving our big deer stand today. Ended up a mile + from where it sat the last couple of years, same land owner but different section of land. Had some issues at first (adding hyd oil to tractor, rewelding a stand leg that broke, etc) but finally got it going. Upon arrival, we had to sit stand down and resituate the tractor to get stand facing right direction. About 30' from desired spot, not sure if I hit a hole or what happened honestly, but it rolled off forks! Finally got it stood back up, but broke 2 legs off and some other minor damage. Hopefully a little welding and we'll be GTG again!
20240908_122232.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finished moving our big deer stand today. Ended up a mile + from where it sat the last couple of years, same land owner but different section of land. Had some issues at first (adding hyd oil to tractor, rewelding a stand leg that broke, etc) but finally got it going. Upon arrival, we had to sit stand down and resituate the tractor to get stand facing right direction. About 30' from desired spot, not sure if I hit a hole or what happened honestly, but it rolled off forks! Finally got it stood back up, but broke 2 legs off and some other minor damage. Hopefully a little welding and we'll be GTG again!
View attachment 509454
I’m glad I’m not the only one this kind of crap happens to.🤣

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You and me both. My home built 20' stand is impossible to stand up without another person and vehicle. I've dumped it twice just like clintbailey, requiring going back home for repairs.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You and me both. My home built 20' stand is impossible to stand up without another person and vehicle. I've dumped it twice just like clintbailey, requiring going back home for repairs.
I end up with this luck more often than not 🤣...thankfully, the landowner has a nice welding trailer I can use, so I should be able to do repairs on site...now me and overhead welding 🤔🤦‍♂️

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I end up with this luck more often than not 🤣...thankfully, the landowner has a nice welding trailer I can use, so I should be able to do repairs on site...now me and overhead welding 🤔🤦‍♂️
Overhead isn't bad with the right rod. Good luck!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No higher than that stand is off the ground, I’d fashion some kind of crude trailer to set it on, so moving it wouldn’t be a problem next time. I reclaimed an old 300 gallon spray rig frame and made a deer stand trailer. It has two wheels, a jack on the tongue, and an adjustable steel bar on the back for leveling.
62302129098__D521F03A-54E5-46D4-B2C2-441CAD759B91.jpeg

Reaction score
No higher than that stand is off the ground, I’d fashion some kind of crude trailer to set it on, so moving it wouldn’t be a problem next time. I reclaimed an old 300 gallon spray rig frame and made a deer stand trailer. It has two wheels, a jack on the tongue, and an adjustable steel bar on the back for leveling.
View attachment 509531
The mobile death shed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom