OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere along the Alpine Loop in western Colorado. We camped out with the wife's middle sister and her son (who owned the Jeep) and did some off roading. However, while we were in two really decked out Jeeps, while doing the Loop, we saw a couple of simple Jeep Patriots doing the same trip.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My driveway is at the bottom of a hill, and when we moved out here in 2018, I decided to get a PO Box instead of a mailbox on the highway for the safety of the mail carrier.
I’ve been waiting for a package to be delivered since Monday July 1st, and it finally showed up at the local PO this morning. I waited in the PO parking lot and checked my box every 5-10 minutes from 8:45 until 10:05, and when the card saying I have a package finally showed up in my box, the person behind the wall told me he couldn’t get my package for me. The “clerk” had supposedly already left for the day (even though her Fiat sports car was still in the parking lot), and he wasn’t authorized to hand out packages.
I’ve tried to be a nice and considerate guy and think of other people’s safety, but as of next week, the Cushing Texas USPS will be delivering mail directly to my house. Whoever the rural mail carrier is for my route needs to be ready to watch their @ss, because car and truck fly over the hill in front of my house and won’t see them until they’re right on them. :anyone:

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My driveway is at the bottom of a hill, and when we moved out here in 2018, I decided to get a PO Box instead of a mailbox on the highway for the safety of the mail carrier.
I’ve been waiting for a package to be delivered since Monday July 1st, and it finally showed up at the local PO this morning. I waited in the PO parking lot and checked my box every 5-10 minutes from 8:45 until 10:05, and when the card saying I have a package finally showed up in my box, the person behind the wall told me he couldn’t get my package for me. The “clerk” had supposedly already left for the day (even though her Fiat sports car was still in the parking lot), and he wasn’t authorized to hand out packages.
I’ve tried to be a nice and considerate guy and think of other people’s safety, but as of next week, the Cushing Texas USPS will be delivering mail directly to my house. Whoever the rural mail carrier is for my route needs to be ready to watch their @ss, because car and truck fly over the hill in front of my house and won’t see them until they’re right on them. :anyone:
Its a shame so many of yall have issues with the USPS, glad we have a good one here

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Panoramic shot from the top of Capulin volcano in NE NM yesterday. Had storms in several directions around us.
20240705_161029.jpg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, my neighbors have been setting off fireworks for the last 7 nights...I hope this is the last night of this since I get up for work at 2am
I'm as patriotic as the next guy, maybe more so being a military vet, and maybe I'm getting to the "get off my lawn" age, but fireworks seem to get on my nerves more every year (as in days besides July 4th)

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10 minutes SW of Duluth Mi.
People were complaining today that it hit 81 degrees.
Shaking my freeking head. 😂
My wife's family, both sides, are from the north shore, north of Duluth along Lake Superior. She currently has an aunt and uncle in Hermantown, and cousins in Duluth area. I like the north shore area along the lake, but from Duluth south folks get a little sketchy for my taste (read:liberal 🤣)

Latest posts

Top Bottom