OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted in another thread that today is my wife’s birthday, and I took off this afternoon to take her out to eat and run some errands with her so she wouldn’t have to go by herself. I’m sitting in the truck while she shops and watching people walk by, and I’m shocked at how many adults can’t walk from the vehicle to the store without having their faces buried in their phones. These people have no idea what going on around them and evidently no concept of situational awareness. :rolleyes2

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I posted in another thread that today is my wife’s birthday, and I took off this afternoon to take her out to eat and run some errands with her so she wouldn’t have to go by herself. I’m sitting in the truck while she shops and watching people walk by, and I’m shocked at how many adults can’t walk from the vehicle to the store without having their faces buried in their phones. These people have no idea what going on around them and evidently no concept of situational awareness. :rolleyes2

Are your doors locked ? lol

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, but if they were, it would be for the benefit of whoever might try to get in with me. I actually park way out away from other cars, so if someone were coming up on me, I’d know well in advance.

My wife wanted mexican food, so we went to place we’ve been a few times. The food was decent as always, but I can honestly say it was the most apathetic restaurant staff I’ve seen anywhere.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell her Happy Birthday from us!

Hopefully a few are doing that walking into the store because they didn't bury their nose in it while driving.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That is something that was a wake-up call to me. A few years ago I was coming out of the McDonald’s on the turnpike and not paying attention. My new truck was blue but I went to a red F-150 (the color of my old one) and opened the driver’s door to find an elderly gentleman sitting behind the steering wheel in “my” truck. Thank God he wasn’t armed and ready. Said “excuse me” shut the door and went to my new truck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom