Ospho?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It came about in 1947, been around awhile.

Any of you ever use it? I have used it all my life. Grandpa kept it around when we would fabricate /paint old Dozers, Tractors, Trailers and when we would re paint our drilling rigs.
It chemically changes rust “iron oxide to an inert “iron phosphate” stops the rust in its tracks and seals it in a layer of zink phosphate. No need to primer, just paint. I treat the Fire Hydrants I strip down. It makes paint adhere tough. Caution: It is caustic as hell, where long sleeves and runner gloves!

IMG_5185.jpeg

Finished my gate and install, and photos of the raw gate and after treatment. I used it a lot on the farm repairing calcium chloride filled tractor rims.

IMG_5297.jpegIMG_5294.jpegIMG_5300.jpegIMG_5301.jpegIMG_5295.jpeg

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It came about in 1947, been around awhile.

Any of you ever use it? I have used it all my life. Grandpa kept it around when we would fabricate /paint old Dozers, Tractors, Trailers and when we would re paint our drilling rigs.
It chemically changes rust “iron oxide to an inert “iron phosphate” stops the rust in its tracks and seals it in a layer of zink phosphate. No need to primer, just paint. I treat the Fire Hydrants I strip down. It makes paint adhere tough. Caution: It is caustic as hell, where long sleeves and runner gloves!

View attachment 419911

Finished my gate and install, and photos of the raw gate and after treatment. I used it a lot on the farm repairing calcium chloride filled tractor rims.

View attachment 419905View attachment 419906View attachment 419907View attachment 419908View attachment 419909
yep used it before

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might have to try that on a pipe fence I’m building!

Good thick rubber glove and some small rags make short work on pipe and cable. A little bit goes a long ways. I don’t know how it does it, but it makes paint stick, hard and lasts longer too.

Sounds like some miracle ****!! Huh? I will never paint bare/rusty metal with out it. I have also seen some art work welding clear coated over it and it makes for some cool ass Art with it clear coated!

You get it dripped or over sprayed on you, you will feel it. I hate spray bottle in any wind. But long sleeves suffice well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom