Otis Cleaning Kits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Handy and small, if you're talking about the field kits, but I like having rods available for dealing with a stuck case. A USGI cleaning kit doesn't take up much more room and is much more versatile IMHO...

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use it. Only frustrating thing is getting the patch on good enough when you're doing a .22, other than doing a .22, no problems. They have all different size patches, and I just bought a starter kit and still working through them.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A USGI cleaning kit doesn't take up much more room and is much more versatile IMHO...

I have a USGI and would have to agree. I tossed it on my AR Bag and have actually cleaned and worked on the Rifle with it, and am very satisfied with how it functions. I don't go shooting with out it and would suggest if you have an AR, to get one to accompany your AR where ever it goes.

Recently noticed that Academy sells a civilian Otis version for the 223/556. Nice looking and compact as well.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got one as a gift and have used it on .22 handguns and 10/22s. I use rods on all others. Was just wondering what other opinions are on it?

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use it. Only frustrating thing is getting the patch on good enough when you're doing a .22, other than doing a .22, no problems. They have all different size patches, and I just bought a starter kit and still working through them.

Not a good choice for some .22's. Works good on bolt actions, but semis and others where you can't move the bolt out of the way are difficult to get a normal brush in. You need a very short one. Just generally a pita for some .22's. Great for revolvers and bolt actions.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a Remington kit that has the plungers and brushes that you attach to wires attached pull through the bore. Works very well. I also have a hoppes kit with rods. I almost bought the Otis kit but chose the Remington one instead. I really like the wires and the plungers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom