P229 Sas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just ordered a new P229 SAS Gen 2 357 Sig pistol from Buds guns shop. Merry Christmas to me. Can't wait been carrying my Glock 21 since I sold my Glock 32 last week. I'm excited to be moving up in quality. Well hopefully I don't get a crapper like I've heard coming from Sig lately.

Any body have a SAS? How's it shootin?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just ordered a new P229 SAS Gen 2 357 Sig pistol from Buds guns shop. Merry Christmas to me. Can't wait been carrying my Glock 21 since I sold my Glock 32 last week. I'm excited to be moving up in quality. Well hopefully I don't get a crapper like I've heard coming from Sig lately.

Any body have a SAS? How's it shootin?

My 239 SAS (got it from another member here) is a 1st gen and I love it. I presume you're not getting the wooden grips - which is a good thing because they're not super ergonomically friendly. If you are getting the wood grips (and they're anything like the smaller 239 grips), get a set of Hogues for it for carry.

The major difference between the old gen and the new is the SRT trigger - the reset is scary short - I've learned to effectively use the DAK trigger in my 239 and even it is surprisingly short - follow-up shots are very quick (though it takes a lot of discipline to use the DAK trigger properly and not just have a long-D/A trigger in the gun).

Both my 226s have the SRT in them - holy crap it truly is a short reset trigger.

Congrats on your new purchase - go shoot the hell out of it and then carry it with confidence.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've looked at getting the sig aluminum grips but they are pricey. Will probably just carry plain jane. Just want it blacked out and smooth.

One problem with 357 sig is ammo cost but I'm looking to get a better supply. In the process of ordering more mags and leather now. Said it should be in by Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom