Pawnee Run N Gun July 19th, 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am just curious about how everyone is planning to load out for this event.

Are you coming to "game" it, light or heavy tactical, regular guy grey man type or what?

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Are you coming to "game" it, light or heavy tactical, regular guy grey man type or what?

Still need to get myself registered for the event but planning on running plate carrier with primary, secondary, and IFAK pouches attached. Still need to work out a pistol holster setup but must decided which pistol to use first.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'm not sure what "regular guy grey man type" is, but I suspect that's me. I'm running a pretty plain-jane 16" AR and an XDM .45. I'll have a PIG UCR with a handful of AR mags, and probably one small water bottle in one of the mag pouches. I also added an ITS Skeletonized water bottle holder to one side of my chest rig, for one 20-oz bottle of Gatorade. I'll probably keep the XDM and its mags on my belt.

Probably wearing an Under Armour heat gear t-shirt, old Carhartt work jeans, and ugly running shoes. My rig is basic enough that if I were faster you might call me a "gamer," but I also think this is fairly practical for a grab-and-go setup anyone could actually use in a "second-amendment" scenario.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SMS said:
Do it! It will change your life. Chicks will dig you, guys will want to be you, your enemies will fall at your feet and Thor himself will friend you on Facebook.

Ok, not really but it's really fun and you get to meet Henschman.
I believe SMS is understating it somewhat. All this and more will be yours if you attend this event. All your wildest dreams will come true. And not only will you get to meet me, you will also get to meet henschwoman, Mama Hensch, and Papa Hensch. Ted Kennedy, Mrs. Kennedy, and son(s) too. We will be serving hot dogs, chips, and GLORY for all who will go forth and seize it.

We really need to remember to get an OSA group pic in all our gear this time around. We've talked about it the past two times, but by the end I'm always so beat that I don't remember.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds good Dennis -- don't worry, Im no moocher. :wink2:

As for my loadout, I am going with pretty much the same thing I had in winter -- you might call it a "light fighter" war belt setup. HSGI Suregrip belt with an old ALICE belt for the inner belt, and Tactical Tailor suspenders, all in multicam. I may change the mag pouch situation a little from what I have now though. Right now I have 2 triple decker tacos (2 rifle 1 pistol each) on my left front. I may change this to a more standard setup with a couple pistol mags in front followed by a couple double decker rifle mags farther around my left rear, where I can come around for a more natural beer can grip on them, and without any pistol mags stacked in front of them which can be pulled accidentally when doing a hasty rifle reload. I will keep using my dump pouch (with a few extra rifle mags) and 5.11 Thumb Drive holster for my M&P .40, which I like a lot. I doubt I'll be using a backpack like in winter, since I don't need to carry extra layers of clothes or anything -- I will probably just wear my 3l Camelbak. Cargo pants, sleeveless T, a bandana, and my New Balance 1569 hiking shoes (bad ass). My rifle is the same A4 I ran with last year. The only changes are that I went to a Magpul fixed rifle stock instead of a carbine stock, and switched out the Aimpoint Comp M for an Aimpoint PRO.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alice load harness rigged up for my M1A mags, Glock 22 and mags, M1A with Uncle Sam's fiberglass stock and iron sights. Wellco T180 combat boots. Camlbak, worn-out BDUs, and a tactical T-shirt. Sunglasses from Wal-Mart. Ammo re-treads. (pulled 147 grn FMJ)

AND DON"T FORGET THE BUG SPRAY!!!!!!!

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HSGI belt with three double decker Tacos, M&P in an ALS, dump pouch, IFAK, and Multitasker. I'm still trying to decide on suspenders for this thing. Better make my mind up soon, huh?

Last year, I carried my Camelbak bladder in a patrol pack so that I could carry my Sawyer Extractor, cleaning/parts kit, and spare ammo. I think this year I'll just wear the hydration carrier and put the Sawyer and parts in my pockets. As for spare ammo, I'll probably just throw one mag into the dump pouch and hope I don't pull out a Twinkie.

Haven't decided whether I'll run the Scout Squad or my AR this go 'round. That's what I love about the Taco pouches: It doesn't matter which rifle I grab, I just have to put mags in and go.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've ran in my HSGI belt both with and without suspenders. I like it better with. It makes my gear flop less (especially with 7.62x51 mags), and evens out the load somewhat. I will also probably have to throw a few extra mags in my dump pouch, to take the place of empties/partial empties on my belt as they are shot up. This is what I have done at other Run 'n Guns. I may end up supplementing my belt load with a chest rig or a plate carrier one of these days, but probably not at this RnG.

Latest posts

Top Bottom