Pawnee Winter Run N Gun - Get Ready!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could of used a barely rest for my last hit, Timed out with one hit left to make. Ah well will do better next time. Need to practice doc stances. I can't complain I did well with a bad back, shouldn't of even been there. Just wish I could of gotten my wife to shoot faster, she DQ'd every damn stage and she was actually hitting pretty well too.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a guy run out of ammo on his last hit. I also had another guy shoot the left target twice at the last station and time out.

Which one was she?
Ha! I ran out of ammo on the second target from the first position of the last stage.. probably shot 3 clips at it. Got a bad cramp in my left forearm, not that I was shooting great to start with.

Matt in TN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Except that cheater in the video! I must have been looking at my watch on the last station. It "barely" rested...

That last stage was TOUGH! I'm not sure if I was just completely spent by that point or it was the wind (or both), but it really gave me fits. What was worse is that I was hitting the right target pretty well, but for whatever reason I couldn't hit the identical target 10' to the left to save my life. I could see my impacts all around it, but had a hell of a time getting on.

If it makes anyone feel better I wasn't intentionally resting on the barricade - in fact, I never even knew it touched until I watched the video. I was shooting from kneeling, and guess I just got too low there. I paid penance for it when I missed the turn back to the barn because I was flustered from my performance and stowing gear. I ran a good extra two minutes by the time I realized it and made it all the way back to the turn.

I'll give back my 8th place trophy if it's an issue ;-)

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That last stage was TOUGH! I'm not sure if I was just completely spent by that point or it was the wind (or both), but it really gave me fits. What was worse is that I was hitting the right target pretty well, but for whatever reason I couldn't hit the identical target 10' to the left to save my life. I could see my impacts all around it, but had a hell of a time getting on.

If it makes anyone feel better I wasn't intentionally resting on the barricade - in fact, I never even knew it touched until I watched the video. I was shooting from kneeling, and guess I just got too low there. I paid penance for it when I missed the turn back to the barn because I was flustered from my performance and stowing gear. I ran a good extra two minutes by the time I realized it and made it all the way back to the turn.

I'll give back my 8th place trophy if it's an issue ;-)

Nah, just givin a hard time. You keep that trophy on your mantle. ;-)

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a guy run out of ammo on his last hit. I also had another guy shoot the left target twice at the last station and time out.

Which one was she?

She had the AR with pink Magpul furniture. I was with her with the FDE Tavor. She was hitting good just damn slow. Was everything I could do not to yell at her to fire her damn gun. She just wanted to be safe and wait for a good sight picture. I got a lil over zealous and prob got her started too early.

She said she would like to come run again but not shoot. She's just not a competition shooter. She did say she learned a lot with all the practice and the shoot. She loves shooting her AR. So I'd say having her do the Run&Gun was a success.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She had the AR with pink Magpul furniture. I was with her with the FDE Tavor. She was hitting good just damn slow. Was everything I could do not to yell at her to fire her damn gun. She just wanted to be safe and wait for a good sight picture. I got a lil over zealous and prob got her started too early.

She said she would like to come run again but not shoot. She's just not a competition shooter. She did say she learned a lot with all the practice and the shoot. She loves shooting her AR. So I'd say having her do the Run&Gun was a success.

It showed that she was very cognizant of what she was doing. She was entirely safe in her gun handling and needed no reminders whatsoever to keep the muzzle pointed down range at my station on the dam. This is more than I can say for several other shooters. I captured a bit of video while working as an RO and recognized you two's rifles.

As you said, she did shoot well and smoked her first two pistol shots. All it takes is more familiarity!

Ek :thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom