Pedestrian killed by train in Tulsa...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.news9.com/story/65d7f2a...illed-after-train-strikes-pedestrian-in-tulsa

I was sitting out in my car enjoying the lovely weather when this happened last night. I paused my audiobook right before I knew the train was gonna make it's standard 4 horn blasts. (As they all do) When #4 turned into the conductor just laying on it...I knew somebody/something was in the way. Then immediate emergency brakes. I've never seen/heard that in my 3 years here. Usually when they brake hard, all the cars slam together one after another. Instead, they all screeched, with no banging....and I've never seen a train stop that fast.

I doubt there'll be any follow-up about this on the news, because undoubtedly the person killed was a homeless drug addict. There's an encampment about 50' from where it occurred. Could have possibly been a suicide too.

Attachments

• IMG_20240222_182127338.jpg
    IMG_20240222_182127338.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Life's really hard on some people and it can be on all of us at one time or another. So tonight, we should all lift a glass to those who made it out and those still trapped on "The Wrong Side of the Tracks"

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish there was an effort to put together the stories of these folks. How they got to where they are today, what might have changed their lives, etc. I’m sure there are many who were probably just like those of us here, except for an event or series of events. Each of them had a parent at some point in their lives. Sad stories, some of their own making, but still sad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom