PGA - The Memorial Tournament

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The protocol is very specific and they are not about to deviate for him. It is really too bad though.
I totally understand your position.
I do also realize that this day and time offer different circumstances.
The PGA recognized that covid was a threat and canceled tourneys so why couldn't they deviate from that hard line as they did to cancel the tournaments?

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Because when they cancelled tournaments that treated everyone the same. If they make an exception this time, where is the line in the sand on the next time ? What is the basis for an exception for Rahm ? Because he has a six stroke lead ? Because he's a Spaniard ? I just don't think they have a good reason to make an exception this time.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm guessin' all this was explained to him beforehand, and he agreed to the terms.

Still a bummer, though. :/
Absolutely no question that he knew what would happen and he was being tested every day so I'm sure he knew if he tested positive that he was out.

And I completely agree, very unfortunate to have happen to him, or anyone for that matter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom