Pigs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice job. I keep hoping to find someplace that I can go out and try out my 300 Blackout as well. Haven't found any piggies that anyone needs shot yet. :-)

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are hard to guess weight on. Im not real sure why. But after years of trapping them and catching them with dogs and selling them alive per pound I've gotten to where I can get somewhere close. Although sometimes I still miss the mark. Anyway, right now Im shooting 125gr Hornady SST with 18gr of H110. Im about to start going up on powder and seeing if I can get more fps out of it. Right now its just over 2000fps. He did run. Im not real sure where I hit him on first shot as he was quartering away and all his vitals were behind a low hanging limb and it was a hell mary. He fell, flopped a bit, got up and made a circle through a sudan field and I put another one in him when he came out. Dont know where that one hit either as he was running. But it laid him down so I put one behind his ear and ended the whole mess. I sure would rather have had him alive though. Easy $75 I just killed.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are hard to guess weight on. Im not real sure why. But after years of trapping them and catching them with dogs and selling them alive per pound I've gotten to where I can get somewhere close. Although sometimes I still miss the mark. Anyway, right now Im shooting 125gr Hornady SST with 18gr of H110. Im about to start going up on powder and seeing if I can get more fps out of it. Right now its just over 2000fps. He did run. Im not real sure where I hit him on first shot as he was quartering away and all his vitals were behind a low hanging limb and it was a hell mary. He fell, flopped a bit, got up and made a circle through a sudan field and I put another one in him when he came out. Dont know where that one hit either as he was running. But it laid him down so I put one behind his ear and ended the whole mess. I sure would rather have had him alive though. Easy $75 I just killed.

But it's one less pig tearing up someone's field or crops maybe.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you run dogs around here then I probably know you. I have for 15 years but Im just taking a break. I still have all my gear and one catchdog. I have two kinda bay dogs I need rid of right now. Did you just get into it?

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

What licenses are required to transport and sell live feral hogs?

Latest posts

Top Bottom