Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks, the ATF says so in the rule what you’d have to do if you have a firearm with an arm brace - it’s not necessary that the particular combo of firearm and brace be listed in their rule, as they said it’s “not exhaustive.” Here’s the part where they say what you need to do:

Any weapons with “stabilizing braces” or similar attachments that constitute rifles under the NFA must be registered no later than 120 days after date of publication in the Federal Register; or the short barrel removed and a 16-inch or longer rifle barrel attached to the firearm; or permanently remove and dispose of, or alter, the “stabilizing brace” such that it cannot be reattached; or the firearm is turned in to your local ATF office. Or the firearm is destroyed.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s not a specific listing - they say it’s “not exhaustive.” In other words, they can include any unlisted arm brace as they please.
Yeah but what I was implying is that probably 95% of the braces used currently by members are already on that list and it'll negate comments about "well where's the list of braces?"

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I have, the blade style
What does this mean for me?
View attachment 338563
It means you have to remove the brace and destroy or dispose of it, replace the barrel with a 16", turn it all over to the AFT, or destroy the gun. I think that covers it. There is NO "work around". Quite simply, in 120 days you have an unregistered NFA item.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Just the mere presence of the arm brace on the firearm without registration is verboten - unless you have a disability. Maybe. What kind of disability? Dunno.
I was being sorta facetious and vague as they are being, but hey, they’re giving us an out. Put a 16 inch barrel on and you’re good to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom