Pocket carry -- watch for items in your pocket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like your rug rat's hands. I'm glad nobody got seriously hurt.

Florida deputy's son accidentally fires dad's gun

MIDDLEBURG, FLA. — Authorities say the 2-year-old son of a north Florida sheriff's deputy accidentally fired his father's personal handgun inside a fast food restaurant.
The Florida Times-Union reports the boy was standing in line for food at a Wendy's in Middleburg on Sept. 4 when he put his hand in his father's front right pocket and accidentally fired the .380-caliber Kel-Tec semi-automatic pistol. Bullet fragments hit the boy's foot, the child's grandfather and two female customers.
According to a Clay County Sheriff's Office incident report released Monday, neither the boy nor the adults required medical treatment…

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2014/09/09/3143696/florida-deputys-son-accidentally.html

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Teach him to carry it in a holster with the trigger hidden.

With the amount of trigger pull on a P3AT, was the guy not aware that somebody was digging around in his pocket?

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't there a market for things that hold handguns in a certain orientation in the pocket. While at the same time protecting the trigger?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't there a market for things that hold handguns in a certain orientation in the pocket. While at the same time protecting the trigger?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It isn't that hard to find pistol wallets for pocket carry. However, some of them are marketed for fast response(i.e. the trigger is exposed for a quicker pull-n-shoot)

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom