poor selection on diet sodas these days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up my late-night curbside from Wally World. The black cherry sparkling water stuff is pretty good. No sugar or caffiene. They have other fruit flavors I might try someday. I used to drink Fresca sometimes but I had a hankering for fruity berry flavors. Sunkist diet orange has caffiene in it. Crush has no caffiene but there are no diet versions at Walmart. I like A&W Diet Root Beer sometimes.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read that anything with aspartame is really good for diabetics.
I've read that artifical sweetener use and added sugar consumtion should be limited. One 12-oz sparlikng water with aspartame should be OK with supper.
I've read that anything with aspartame is really good for diabetics.
I've read that artifical sweetener use and added sugar consumption should be limited. One 12-oz sparlikng water with aspartame should be OK with supper.

A splash of fruit juice in club soda might even be a healthier choice than diet drinks with fake sweeteners. Back circa 1974, 1975, my mother only allowed me to have "diet" sodas if I were to have soda at all. One time in 1975, my mother stopped at a convenient store to get sodas. I went in and got a soda for each of us. I was told to only buy diet sodas. The colas, R/C, were ones in glass bottles with metal caps that came off with a bottle opener. One, without actually tasting the product, could only tell what was in the bottle by the cap label. I thought I'd get slick and get myself a regular soda, so I opened the bottle in the store and threw the cap away. I left the pried cap loosely covering my mother's soda bottle which clearly indicated it was sugar-free. Mother was perturbed by the fact I did not have a cap with my soda and asked me about it. I told her it was a diet soda but she didn't believe that. She grabbed the soda out of my hand and took a swig. I then got summarily slapped for lying and the soda was then thrown away. Mothers aren't that stupid. Lying to adults is like calling them a stupid idiot. It's not nice to fool Mother Nature and it's certainly a sin to try to fool mother human.

Any idiot's tongue can tell a real soda with all the real sugar from a 1970's diet soda with that bitter saccharin which was why I was not fond of diet stuff back then. My mother would let me have a REAL soda on my birthday. She said it was Ok to "rot out my teeth" on my birthday. Around the mid 1970's, I had a lot of cavities and my parents did not like those dental bills. Before that nasty dental affair, I would get REAL sodas and candy more liberally.

Last edited:

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok Princess, since your tummy is so tender and your Google machine is all scratchy scratchy ruined, I'll help you out. Picot, baking soda in water, icebreakers sugar free peppermints, peppermint oil in hot water are all good remedies for a troubled tummy.
Screenshot_20211112-175418_Gallery.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom