Possible new ML record

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Green scored 210. Muzzle loader season. Last day. Last 10 minutes of shooting light. Possible new state record.
I would have had to let him walk because I'm bthink this deer needed at least 1 more year.
YEAH RIGHT. Awesome looking deer. Congrats to this hunter.
Check out Lacy Lowry Facebook page for more info.
Screenshot_2020-11-04-22-22-51-1.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s an incredible buck!!!:thumb:
I saw this buck on FB or somewhere, and I don’t know who that guy is. However, that’s about a $6000 muzzleloader he’s shooting...a McWhorter and what appears to be a Swarovski scope. I like his style!:thumb:

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s an incredible buck!!!:thumb:
I saw this buck on FB or somewhere, and I don’t know who that guy is. However, that’s about a $6000 muzzleloader he’s shooting...a McWhorter and what appears to be a Swarovski scope. I like his style!:thumb:
I have buddy who custom ordered a McWhorter and put a Swar on it. It has a fluted barrel and muzzle brake. He has $9,250 wrapped up in the whole gun. It shoots a pellet, sabot combo that looks like a regular bullet. However he did shoot a Kansas mulie with it this year at 375 yards and can hit a 12x12 plate out to 425 yards about every 3rd shot.
IMO it kinda takes the tradition out muzzle loader shooting. I have a T/C 50 cal and I'm sure if I dedicated some time and messed around with different loads I could get it consistent at 150-175 yards but never have done it. I did connect on a Hail Mary one time at 180 but don't ask me to make that shot again.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have buddy who custom ordered a McWhorter and put a Swar on it. It has a fluted barrel and muzzle brake. He has $9,250 wrapped up in the whole gun. It shoots a pellet, sabot combo that looks like a regular bullet. However he did shoot a Kansas mulie with it this year at 375 yards and can hit a 12x12 plate out to 425 yards about every 3rd shot.
IMO it kinda takes the tradition out muzzle loader shooting. I have a T/C 50 cal and I'm sure if I dedicated some time and messed around with different loads I could get it consistent at 150-175 yards but never have done it. I did connect on a Hail Mary one time at 180 but don't ask me to make that shot again.

Definitely makes my T/C 50 cal and Nikon scope look pretty ghetto . . . . but it works for me. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom