Postmodern Jukebox, All About That Bass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey! That's my theme song! I always thought M-Train was kinda cute. But I don't expect any of you skinny luvin sombitches to agree or understand. :rolleyes2

meghan-trainor-performance.jpg

But, to show you guys what a sense of humor I have, check out her performance on Jimmy Fallon...

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lady starting off "All About The Bass" is Haley Reinhart, my opinion the best female vocalist working today.

Her cover of "Creep" has over 100 million views.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I’m a fat boy myself. Not proud of it.. For some reason today people glorify obesity which is what this song seems to imply.

That's one way to take it.

But I don't think she's glorifying obesity... I think she's objecting to the over emphasis on body image that says you have no value if you don't fit the super-model skinny body type that is projected on TV and in music videos as being "attractive". Ironically, that is the tone I get from this thread. This video is SO much better than the original because it has beautiful thin girls instead of that fat girl who originally did it. Talent wise? The fat girl wrote it. That's the irony.

Meghan Trainor could hardly be described as "obese", her BMI, at least as published and probably based on height/weight around the time her video was produced that has caused people to conclude she can't sing, was around 25.

PMJ is a very talented group, and the girls in it are beautiful. Meghan Trainor is also very talented, and very cute, and not nearly as fat as you'd think if everything you know about her is in this thread. Which video either of us prefers is irrelevant, people have different tastes.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's one way to take it.

But I don't think she's glorifying obesity... I think she's objecting to the over emphasis on body image that says you have no value if you don't fit the super-model skinny body type that is projected on TV and in music videos as being "attractive". Ironically, that is the tone I get from this thread. This video is SO much better than the original because it has beautiful thin girls instead of that fat girl who originally did it. Talent wise? The fat girl wrote it. That's the irony.

Meghan Trainor could hardly be described as "obese", her BMI, at least as published and probably based on height/weight around the time her video was produced that has caused people to conclude she can't sing, was around 25.

PMJ is a very talented group, and the girls in it are beautiful. Meghan Trainor is also very talented, and very cute, and not nearly as fat as you'd think if everything you know about her is in this thread. Which video either of us prefers is irrelevant, people have different tastes.
She isn’t as fluffy as she was.

Attachments

• CB0EAC0B-BC9C-4267-B0E1-1ED823678767.jpeg
    CB0EAC0B-BC9C-4267-B0E1-1ED823678767.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 27

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But I don't think she's glorifying obesity... I think she's objecting to the over emphasis on body image that says you have no value if you don't fit the super-model skinny body type that is projected on TV and in music videos as being "attractive".
That’s the way I took it, too—it’s not about glorifying obesity, it’s about removing the stigma, particularly for little girls and young women, from not being “perfect.” Especially when that “perfection” is a false standard that’s largely the result of surgery, makeup, and Photoshopping.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PMJ has covered a lot of songs.
I think they first got national attention with a cover of a Nickelback song when that band (to the displeasure of many) was invited to sing at a sporting event or something.
I think PMJ has sure enough showcased some talent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom