Predator Rifle finished

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally have all the pieces for my predator AR.
Started as a Remington R-15 CS.
Added a few parts here and there. This is the result.

[Broken External Image]

The upper, lower, LPK, CH, and 18" barrel are factory Remington.

I added/changed:
Troy TRX Extreme 13" handguard
LaRue Tactical Lo-Pro gas block
Spike's Tactical BCG Stock kit with T2 buffer
Magpul MOE stock & MIAD grip
Trijicon TR20-2 Accupoint; 3-9x40 mil-dot crosshair, amber dot
LaRue LT-104 SPR with VFZ locking mount
Re-dipped camo by Freedom Graphix in Ada, OK

I finally got it sighted in and will be using 55 grain Remington AccuTips. This ammo seemed to do well last year (until I ran out). The rifle shoots well enough for 1-2" groups at 100 yards; maybe better if I tried a little harder. Most of my shots are 150 yards and in; so the accuracy is "good enough". The occasional shot may be 200 yards but I am less confident at that distance and usually won't attempt it.

It turned out a little more "tactical" than I had wanted, but its still lightweight to be effective. The 13" handguard was something I did out of personal preference. I have one AR that I shoot competitively with that handguard and having two AR's that nearly match but with different purposes was what I was going for. Though looking back I could have gone with an 11" and maybe saved some weight.

The camo finish hasn't held up as well as I had hoped. I have carried it only a few times while doing a couple stands and twice while deer hunting; already there are several chips in the finish. I don't abuse my rifles nor do I baby them. It doesn't bother me but for the price paid I expected it to be a little more robust.

I like to shoot with my nose about an inch away from the charging handle, that is why the scope is mounted forward. With hunting clothes or laying prone, the stock can be collapsed and I can still have perfect eye relief without having to reach or stretch out. I have tried several different methods of attaching a Stoney Point Rapid Pivot "button" to the handguard so I can use my Rapid Pivot bipod, but everything I have tried has come out heavy and cumbersome. I suppose some good ol' shooting sticks will be the choice for now.

Let me know what you think or if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.

Thanks

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. School is killing me. This weather is making want to get out and call some coyotes.

I figured out how to attach the Stoney Point Rapid Pivot Bipod thanks to a fellow over on Ok Predator Hunters

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

If you haven't ever tried these bipods, you need to. They're perfect for calling predators.