Primary Arms announces new Advanced Series Red Dot (M4 clone)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Integrated QD base, 2 MOA dot, 1/2MOA adjustments, 8 hour auto-off, 50,000 hour battery life on medium brightness setting, and uses standard CR123A batteries. All for $169.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-CR123A-Battery-Red-Dot-with-8-hr-auto-p/pacrs.htm

PACRS-2.jpg

1913367_761545373857264_1330167814_o.jpg

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to the Primary Arms rep over on arfcom, the auto shutoff feature is intended to prolong the life of the emitter. There's a thread on it in the industry forum.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is an interesting price-point as it's now above the price of a Vortex StrikeFire series. I've been a vocal fan of Primary Arms for years now and own several of their Red-Dots, but $169 does get close to the price of a used Aimpoint (like several suggest). I've seen used Comp M3s for ~$200.

The real benefit to me on the Primary Arms/Vortex options was that I could get one for around ~$100 or less. I have never happened onto a deal on a provable legit Aimpoint for that price, so it was always worth it to me. I don't know at $169 though - I really want to like this thing, but I'm just not sure right now.

I assume as soon as one comes out, MAC or someone will do a thorough test on it and that might help me decide.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if PA didn't run a sale on them from time to time. That might make a difference. Good point on the emitter life that I hadn't thought of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom