Proposed change to Classified Rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the minimum number of posts to access the Classifieds be raised?

• Yes, it should be raised to 100.

Votes: 151 63.2%
  • No, JB, leave it alone.

Votes: 88 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I want to see an overpriced button added to the classifieds. Some guy has 500 rounds of 7.62x39 listed for $300, but the site he linked has the same ammo in a 640 round tin for $180.

lol RickN, that is not the worst of it. to each their own I suppose. Those of us that have lived a while remember the really cheap ammo, but .60 a round is rough, but not when a guy can't find any. Would I pay that....not anytime soon.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
There could always be a private sellers classifieds and a sponsors classifieds section, keep the private sellers classifieds invisible until the required time/post count has been reached but allow everyone to see the sponsors section.
Aside from making the classifieds invisible to those who haven't met the requirements yet, this is my suggestion. If someone is paying to be a sponsor, then thy want the maximum amount of viewers. Then those who are active, contributing members of the forum get the benefit I'd the non sponsor section where they can buy and sell personal stuff. Implement those two things, then see if the post count / membership time still need to be addressed.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I want to see an overpriced button added to the classifieds. Some guy has 500 rounds of 7.62x39 listed for $300, but the site he linked has the same ammo in a 640 round tin for $180.

I am not necessarily against this but I think you have a right to price items how you want. There is a $600 lower receiver posted right now. If the price was right for the market it would sell. As it is, I just have another individual I won't do business with. Not a lot of skin off my back.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aside from making the classifieds invisible to those who haven't met the requirements yet, this is my suggestion. If someone is paying to be a sponsor, then thy want the maximum amount of viewers. Then those who are active, contributing members of the forum get the benefit I'd the non sponsor section where they can buy and sell personal stuff. Implement those two things, then see if the post count / membership time still need to be addressed.

I am sure it has been suggested already, but is there anyway to address the ratio of classified posts to all other sections? I see more than one person buying, selling, and trading firearms, where the vast majority of their posts are in the classifieds. They are not really contributing otherwise.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

totally disagree ... price is what ever seller wants to ask... no one is forcing anyone to buy. what something is worth is what someone else is willing to pay.

one should not be mucking up someone else sale thread. most times what something is worth is pretty subjective.

that said, do agree it's really bad form to gouge fellow OSA members.
this is where feedback threads come in to play... post your comments in their feedback thread if it bothers you that much.

don't know about you, but before I sell a firearm to anyone... feedback thread is checked, their posts looked at, date joined, etc.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw a thread wanting to trade a used rifle with a trade value that was $700 higher than the new MSRP, which he even posted a link to! LOL

I don't think we need to make any changes, but my ignore list is growing daily! :D

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw a thread wanting to trade a used rifle with a trade value that was $700 higher than the new MSRP, which he even posted a link to! LOL

I don't think we need to make any changes, but my ignore list is growing daily! :D

Same here and I only suggested an Overprice button because I knew a stupid button would not fly. :D

Seriously guys if you are going to charge more then the sites you link, you might want to rethink it.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course, you realize that many sites show the old price they used to charge when they had any in stock. A number of them even go to the trouble to tell you that the price shown was "the price last sold at".

The following is not with regard to anyone in particular. This site is getting to be very critical in it's old age; much like me. This latest "surge" has brought out the worst in us, I think. The community has been changing - partly because of all the new members who haven't discovered "camaraderie" and partly because the old members have forgotten they were once new members.

palendn

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do a lot of reading and not much posting. I only post if I can contribute something that has not already been stated in the thread. I won't post a simple "+1". However, you may want to consider how long someone has been a member along with the total amount of posts contributed. IMO

Latest posts

Top Bottom