Proposed change to Classified Rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the minimum number of posts to access the Classifieds be raised?

• Yes, it should be raised to 100.

Votes: 151 63.2%
  • No, JB, leave it alone.

Votes: 88 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight92

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really don't think the thread count should count, as others have noted I am here almost every day but hardly post. I do like the idea of the classifieds being unreadable for those not meeting time frame and 20 post count.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
why the elitest attitudes? Everyone has been a new member at one time. How about letting folks feel a part of, rather than bash them because they don't know every dang thing about the latest trendy gun, or they ain't a dyed in the wool AR lover. Not but a few years ago there was a lot more help here than the high school cliqish groups. How about we lower it to 5 like texas gun talks? More the merrier, more experiance, more opportunity to buy and sell, more members who might contribute, and if they only use the classifieds then so what. Commerce, you buy or sell to them.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If everyone is butthurt over price " gouging" how about if there is a classified that someone knows of a better price and IN STOCK let them post link.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
everyday all day this board and members ***** and complain about governing laws and government, yet here is many members voting for more regulation. Damn glad our countries founding fathers didn't think that way. I like that this board is more family friendly as far as pictures and member bashing, as that gets old quick and it becomes just like many other boards, but really putting limits on when someone can join the good ole boy society is outdated. Lets buy and sell like the good ole days of this board.

ewcraig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
everyday all day this board and members ***** and complain about governing laws and government, yet here is many members voting for more regulation. Damn glad our countries founding fathers didn't think that way. I like that this board is more family friendly as far as pictures and member bashing, as that gets old quick and it becomes just like many other boards, but really putting limits on when someone can join the good ole boy society is outdated. Lets buy and sell like the good ole days of this board.

Thanks for your input. I'm definitely not wanting to step all over the forum owner(s) rules. I can understand a forum wanting not to be spammed. Just thought I would put in my 2¢

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I'm definitely not wanting to step all over the forum owner(s) rules. I can understand a forum wanting not to be spammed. Just thought I would put in my 2¢

my statement is to the thread, not you. We should be yelling from the rooftops, down with rules, up with Freedom. Freedom to buy, sell, place ads, and gouge, and not buy as we see fit. I for one need less governing. Is this what it has came to? We complain about rules, then vote in more of them?

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found this site while looking for an item and Google brought it up in the classifieds, I might not have found this site otherwise, so I do not agree with hiding classifieds. It was disappointing I could not post to purchase, but as I looked around at the site, I felt like I found a gold mine of information about CC which I knew nothing about. I stayed and learned a lot, and later have purchased many items and sold a few.

How about a minimum time frame before posting to the classifieds, (I was a very newbie to CC and it took me quite a while to make 20 posts), and then during that time frame if they like what this site has to offer and want to add the option to respond to the classifieds, they MUST order an "Official OSA T-Shirt" (or other qualifying item) and their posting privileges for classifieds will be turned on. For me, this does away with the "Dues" which I also dislike, but it would get some OSA items out in the public for advertisement of a site which promotes our 2A rights, which I would like to have.

Those who are here for the information only get what they want at no cost to them. If they want access to classifieds to purchase or sell firearms, ammo, holsters, autos, motorcycles, or aircraft engines so be it, purchase a t-shirt. I just looked at an aircraft engine on this site that I think is a fantastic deal, I just can not afford the aircraft to hang it on. We have a lot of diversity here. If you are looking to sell or purchase something like that, you can surely afford a t-shirt or coffee cup to help promote OSA and 2A.

As far as pricing, I look at the item, and if I might have interest I look at the price. I decide if it is something I would pay the price for, I purchase, if not, I click the back button, I do not feel I need to get out my flame thrower.

I find it amazing some of the outrageous prices of items that are scooped up within an hour or so of posting with three people wanting to be on the back up list, that are not something I would want at half that price. I also have paid asking price for items that have been posted several days that I had seen for the first time and after purchasing I feel I got a good deal for what I wanted. I did not feel I needed to post about the dummies that did not take advantage of the deal, I am just smiling.

Price is all relative to what the market will bare for the item you have for sale. As long as the seller and the purchaser walk away with a smile on their face, what does it matter? I posted a spare auto that to me was a price that is a real bargain for what it is to move it out of the drive. No bites from OSA members, either my perspective is off or no one needed it. I will keep driving it and eventually sell elsewhere. Someone may have missed out, who knows?

I do see and understand this site traditionally has been where people would post something for sale at a better than average market price for their small community of OSA members. Good or bad, this site has grown a lot and is a much bigger community even in the last year I have been here. It seems we are trying to make it grow even larger to promote our 2A rights, which in my opinion should take precedent over the classified advertisements problems that most likely will not be totally solved by various opinions.

This does add the "click to enable to post to classifieds" overhead time to the order taker for OSA items. An "is this your first order check box" computer function might help.

I am still wanting to wear an official OSA T-Shirt.

My free opinion. (Never found anyone who would give me $.02 for it)

Last edited:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
my statement is to the thread, not you. We should be yelling from the rooftops, down with rules, up with Freedom. Freedom to buy, sell, place ads, and gouge, and not buy as we see fit. I for one need less governing. Is this what it has came to? We complain about rules, then vote in more of them?

Its a hell of a thing to want freedom. Total freedom eventually leads to chaos and cluster. So like laws, we need rules. To many rules can ruin a forum, too many laws can ruin a country.

I trust OSA managment will work it out. We got some good reasonable people running our show.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I want to see an overpriced button added to the classifieds. Some guy has 500 rounds of 7.62x39 listed for $300, but the site he linked has the same ammo in a 640 round tin for $180.

Latest posts

Top Bottom