• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Purchased: AR15 5.56

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I appreciate your candor because, alot that I have read says ar15 piatol is one of the best next to a shotgun for home defense. I will keep your words in mind.
Thanks
1: there’s has been a lot of blood spilled and feelings hurt over HD weapons, loads, accessories, tactics, etc. But, in my opinion, the best advice for HD is this: the best weapon for home defense is the one you’re most proficient with.

There’s a lot of good reading on here about that stuff. Just know that on here, just like elsewhere on the internet, has a lot of good info, as well as bad.

If you don’t mind my asking, what’s your budget?

You want your rifle for home defense, what’s your depth of firearms knowledge/experience?

Do you hunt any? Do you have any interest in hunting?

KipK

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
SG ammo is a local place that many guys buy ammo in bulk. I wont buy fromhim as he's pretty bad about manipulating and gouging.

https://www.sgammo.com/
AmmoSeek is a good place ot find ammo and such, but always check and make sure the website youre buying from is legit.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/5.56x45mm-nato
Buy once, cry once on the case. Just buy a pelican and be done with it. It will last you forever, and retain its value. But, honestly, I would put the case money towards ammo or optics, as I have manycases, one is used for spare magazines, another just gets shoved around the garage. They rarely get used for what I bought them for.

https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/cases/long-case/protector/1720

In my opinion, AR pistols arent all that great. Theyre just loud and annoying. Fun though, but not practical except for making fireballs at the range.
Thanks for the response. I haven't heard any AR's yet. I don't want anything especially loud.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
You should prolly go to the range then. Then go to an indoor range. Then for S&G, pop off any gun inside a room without ear pro. They all sound the same after the first shot. Great motivation for suppressing your guns.
BTW, nothing beats a rifle for SD in a house except for maybe a dog.

KipK

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
May be in the market for 5.56 ammo. I have 223, but I like to compare to 5.56 for my own experience. Also, need a case 42 inches or so. Eventually, want a pistol but with so many choices. I like the looks of the Glock's and ar15 SBR's. Hate to see the government's response to SBR's though. The way they are going causes me to want to have an entire room full on many different locations...
After reading many reviews I purchase a Bushnell TRS 25 Red Dot for $50.33 from Amazon and received it today.

KipK

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1: there’s has been a lot of blood spilled and feelings hurt over HD weapons, loads, accessories, tactics, etc. But, in my opinion, the best advice for HD is this: the best weapon for home defense is the one you’re most proficient with.

There’s a lot of good reading on here about that stuff. Just know that on here, just like elsewhere on the internet, has a lot of good info, as well as bad.

If you don’t mind my asking, what’s your budget?

You want your rifle for home defense, what’s your depth of firearms knowledge/experience?

Do you hunt any? Do you have any interest in hunting?
I have been looking at hunting and hunting license's but for me, I just want to target shoot. I don't have the personality (I am sure there is a better word for it) for killing animals especially when I wouldn't do anything with it. Some in my family did growing up. I quail, rabbit, and deer and even fish. But I never learned what to do with it. So, I am going to stick with target shooting. Just wondering, do I need a hunting license to shoot a gun nowadays? My grandparents had half of a section of land in Rush Springs and we would go out by ourselves without a license or anything. So, it's been 30 years since I have fired a weapon.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
quail, rabbit, and deer and even fish. But I never learned what to do with it.
You eat them
So, I am going to stick with target shooting. Just wondering, do I need a hunting license to shoot a gun nowadays?
No
My grandparents had half of a section of land in Rush Springs and we would go out by ourselves without a license or anything. So, it's been 30 years since I have fired a weapon.
Nothing's changed except you can have a gun with you or on you almost anywhere and anytime.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
You should prolly go to the range then. Then go to an indoor range. Then for S&G, pop off any gun inside a room without ear pro. They all sound the same after the first shot. Great motivation for suppressing your guns.
BTW, nothing beats a rifle for SD in a house except for maybe a dog.
I agree...a. dog is great home defense. Also good for car jackers and mob control. Nothing says step away from the vehicle like one of these.
20220501_131412.jpg

KipK

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree...a. dog is great home defense. Also good for car jackers and mob control. Nothing says step away from the vehicle like one of these.View attachment 434450
I agree. Here is my former Howler.
Had to have him put down to cancer last month.

Attachments

• Howler.jpg
    Howler.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom