Purchasing a handgun at USSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Hughes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a new member at USSA and love the place.

Great facility, great training program, great staff, very fair membership and training costs, and very reasonable ammo prices(I buy all my ammo from them)...

But, I'm looking for new pistols for both myself and my son and have noticed their gun pricing to be quite high. Even after my member discount and the lower tax rate they come out on the high side by quite a bit compared to their competition.

Do they get competitive? It seems illogical that they would rather make 15 bucks on an FFL fee or have me go to another shop rather than just selling me a gun at a fair price. They have obviously figured out that fairly priced ammo sells well...

I'd like to give them my gun business too...

Jeff Hughes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have certainly thought of that, and probably will when I actually get ready to pull the trigger so to speak...

Just got back from shooting there and was wondering why they would be almost 100 bucks high on an XDm9c compared to 2A(I can get a member discount there too)...

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NickUSN

Hey Chief,
You ask about a military discount? On base prices arn't that great either. I'll shoot ya a text here in a few of where I go (a bit of a drive) to get my firearms.

Jeff Hughes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Up on closer examination I discovered I was looking at two mislabled guns. The XDm at USSA has night sites(not labled on the hang tag) and the XDm at 2A was mispriced(they thanked me for pointing it out).

It appears USSA orders many self defense gun with factory night sights, but they don't always have that info on the hang tag.

At any rate, I am happy that USSA has good gun prices, and the membership discount and lower take rate make their pro shop a home run.

P

Pdw

As a member at USSA I would not hesitate to pay a little extra for the gun, with in reason. I feel like I'm contributing to the success of the facility, which provides me a nice place to spend my weekends. I've had memberships to various other ranges in and around Tulsa, including indoor ranges and was not impressed. The facility, tactical training programs and specialty one on one instruction programs offered provide for a complete package. If it was price based I'd buy a Norinco 45 on-line or I'd do business with Wal-mart ( I hear they may be getting back into the gun business) and then I'd have to find a place to shoot that wasn't posted with "no trespassing" signs.

The posting is only my opinion. Everybody's got one.