Queen Google Doodle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today's Google is the latest of their viral interactive doodles paying tribute to the queen of Queen on the 65th anniversary of his birthday. Very creative and cool.

Say what you want about Freddie Mercury, but he was definitely a performer and a helluva vocalist. I remembering getting on the bus for school when 'Another One Bites the Dust' seemed like it was played about every other song! 'Greatest Hits' will always be an album that I own. Freddie and Brian May usually get most of the credit but the strong and perfect basslines laid down by John Deacon are among the best ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm not afraid to chime in on this.

Freddie Mercury had an outstanding vocal range. I can't believe he'd be 65! I don't care about his lifestyle choices, except that some of them led to the reason he is not here walking the earth today. There is so much more to Queen that didn't/doesn't get radio play that is incredible music. I have five of their albums, all on vinyl, naturally, as it should be.

Brian May is one of my favorite guitarists. Three notes and you you who is playing. He has a very distinctive "voice" on his guitar.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Freddie ... He was one of a kind ... Fat Bottomed Girls was and always will be in my top 10 all time faves ...

Good heavens he was a sexy creature ... :heart:

For you kiddos who don't know ...

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were a bit before my time, at least the peak of their popularity was, but their stuff still saw regular radio play when I was first exposed to mainstream music riding in my dad's Monte Carlo. By far one of the best groups in the later 70s - early 80s. So much of the music sucked at that time. Queen certainly did not.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was totally gonna post about this and forgot. Its just as awesome as freddie was. He had a great sense of humor to go with his vocals. He was a cool dude along with queen. They had so many classics. Love em all.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well I'm not afraid to chime in on this.

Freddie Mercury had an outstanding vocal range. I can't believe he'd be 65! I don't care about his lifestyle choices, except that some of them led to the reason he is not here walking the earth today. There is so much more to Queen that didn't/doesn't get radio play that is incredible music. I have five of their albums, all on vinyl, naturally, as it should be.

Brian May is one of my favorite guitarists. Three notes and you you who is playing. He has a very distinctive "voice" on his guitar.

Well said.:clap3:

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yeah! Brian May built his "Red Special". I'm putting in a set of his Tri-Sonic pickups in my current Strat build...
Freddie M. One of the few who never had any problem "finding his voice". There are good versions of this one recorded since he's been gone, with Annie Lennox, Bowie....

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For all you youngsters out there, you might not realize that "Stone Cold Crazy" by Metallica is actually a cover of the song that Queen wrote and recorded back in 1974! WAAAAAAY ahead of their time!

I failed in my inital post to acknowledge Roger Taylor and he deserves much props as well. The hard hitting, steady drumming he provided for the group is also among the best there is. He also, believe it or not, had the highest voice in the group and is the one responsible for belting out the top note on "for meeeeeee" at the bridge on 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.

Just an amazing group of super talented guys that HAVE to be respected for their contribution to Rock 'n Roll.

Latest posts

Top Bottom