Question about tomorrows Steel Challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watchcollector1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I have decided I will be shooting in tomorrows match which will be my first.

I have 3-10 round magazines. So I guess the trick is not to miss any shots since I wont be able to have 5 magazines for each 5 shot string.

Lets say I do miss a shot or two (or more :) ) will they allow time to top off a magazine if needed or do you just take whatever penalty for misses if you run out.

Also, when they say "reload" do you have to put a fresh magazine in or can I just say I am ready with the same magazine in?

Im not going to go for speed as I want to take enough time to hit each target and mainly just get familiar with the match.

I should have had 5 magazines, but I only have 3 which is what happens when you wait until the last minute to go out and find them.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are you shooting? Someone might have extra mags you can borrow. Generally other shooters on your squad can help keep mags loaded. I'm happy to help out, I will be the large tattooed guy. Lol...

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What are you shooting? Someone might have extra mags you can borrow. Generally other shooters on your squad can help keep mags loaded. I'm happy to help out, I will be the large tattooed guy. Lol...

+1... I have never seen anyone not help a member topped off.... Even the PITA ones like Rusty... Lol. You are also welcome to meet us at breakfast at Ryan's between 169 and Garnett on 21st st. at 8 AM if you like. We can answer all kinds of questions then.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about Steel Challenge, but in USPSA I stuck a mag or two in my pockets even when I had 4 on my belt. Not the idea scenario for time, but it works if you need them. Plus, as said above, if someone has extras of what you need, they will often help you out.

watchcollector1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will be shooting a 22/45 MKIII

Would love to meet at Ryans for breakfast, already made plans to meet my folks already...Will know next time though.

I will be wearing a Steelers T-Shirt and a Ruger hat...and have the "Im so lost" look on my face, so if you see me, help me out :burnout:

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Would love to meet at Ryans for breakfast, already made plans to meet my folks already...Will know next time though.

I will be wearing a Steelers T-Shirt and a Ruger hat...and have the "Im so lost" look on my face, so if you see me, help me out :burnout:

We will be the guys following a yellow wagon with a I just ate too much for breakfast look on us....

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I figured you'd be shooting a ruger for some reason. I only have mags for a regular mkIII but I'm sure we can keep you loaded and running...

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a speed loader for the Ruger. Works great. Takes about 5 seconds to load 10rds into the clip.

I could send it with my wife if I don't go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom