Rack Assist Ruger LC9s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busterheiney

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trying to make this pistol more user friendly for somebody with arthritis. I got one of these and when I installed it got a dead trigger. The trigger goes through it's full range, but there's no click to indicate the striker is being activated. I swapped it back out with the stock cover plate and the gun functions properly. Did several more swaps back and forth just to confirm it's the new part that's making the trigger malfunction. Anybody experience this? Any suggestions? I've got a call into Galloway.

https://gallowayprecision.com/rack-assist-back-plate-for-ruger-lc9s-and-ec9s-pistols

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that's my next step if the rack assist doesn't work out. I was surprised at how light the EZ pull was when I tried it in the store. I've read mixed reviews on them.

The EZ mags also have tabs to depress the follower. Makes loading a lot easier too.

1700628501931.png

wDoty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, that sucks. I came to post general help, not something specific to that product.

We had this when helping my mother get a gun. She’s older, she’s weak. This is all about technique, not necessarily equipment. There are a few helpful videos on YouTube, but instead of holding out the pistol and yanking back with one hand, consider the following:

Support hand braces against your rib cage, grips firmly around slide of pistol held to the side (in a “shooting from the draw” position). Firing hand extends outwards like when performing a push-up, while the whole time the support hand stays anchored against the rib cage.

Here’s a video:

busterheiney

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for that! Gonna see if that'll help!

As for Galloway, they offered a refund, but no other support other than "make sure a magazine is inserted". Duh. The trigger doesn't move at all w/o a mag. It was only $20, so I'm not gonna return it. I'll just tinker with a Dremel and see if I can get it to work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom