Range Finder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple years ago I wanted to buy one for archery and rifle shooting, something capable of going out to 1000 yards but everything I found had crappy reviews except a Leica and it was really expensive. I was so frustrated I gave up and never did get one but I sure would like a Leica.

Is there a 1000 yard capable range finder that is worth buying for under $500 out there?

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple years ago I wanted to buy one for archery and rifle shooting, something capable of going out to 1000 yards but everything I found had crappy reviews except a Leica and it was really expensive. I was so frustrated I gave up and never did get one but I sure would like a Leica.

... not as good as Leica 1600B I sport now ;)

There's a long list that this applies to buddy.

Brandi you just need to borrow MoBoosts.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Is there a 1000 yard capable range finder that is worth buying for under $500 out there?

Save up the extra $200 and get the Leica. I have 2 of them and they are the only ones I would own at this point.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just have a cheap Bushnell Sport 450 right now. It doesn't work any further than 350 yards or so, and that's only on a big flat reflective object like a house window or road sign. It isn't any good for long range rifle shooting or anything, but it works well for setting up ranges for Appleseeds and checking distances at typical deer and hog hunting ranges, which is the type of thing I use it for. My GF can get me a really good deal on a Bushnell 1 Mile ARC with her employee discount, so that will probably be one of my next shooting related purchases. I have seen good reviews on it and the Elite 1600, which it replaced. It has some pretty cool shooting specific features too... you can program in your rifle's trajectory, and when you range something it will tell you how many mils or MOA you need to come up to hit it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom