Range Report: Ausley’s (Lawton area)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revived

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Decided I’d play hooky today and get in some trigger time… Loaded up the truck and went off to meet Bruce of Ausley’s this morning at his store in Lawton… paid the $10 for the all day pass… got the key, directions to the range and was on my way… Surprisingly it’s just a short distance from my house - in hindsight I’ve unknowingly heard the gunshots from there… just thought it was people working out their differences - hey I’m from Ca… inner city gun battle negotiating is not out of the norm for us at all…. lol
The range is simple, outdoor and nothing fancy… a couple of larger shaded benches/tables for pistol and/or rifle out to 100yds with moveable target stands… I would liken it to a slightly larger version of your own backyard range if you had the land… Bruce tells me its mostly used by local law enforcement, groups and organizations via “word of mouth”… There are no RO’s or anyone to watch over your shoulder… shooters call collective ceasefires as needed… I guess the bottom line is - you probably won’t like it much if higher end automated indoor ranges put you in your comfort zone...
It was great for me anyway… Close to home, outdoor air and actual practice without distraction for my needs… Got to put my race holster on and shoot “Bill drills” to my hearts content… didn’t have to get in any pissin’ contests over who owns what brass or hit the dirt when someone’s girlfriend sweeps the group with the new pink AR he just bought her…
So, for those in the Lawton area it might be worth a look…

OathTree_DFT

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot all about Ausley's range out there. I need to check it out and talk to him. Good report by the way, next time you decide to play "hooky", give us some lead time, always up for some trigger time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom