Ranking your game

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday I was turkey hunting with my brother and we were discussing our favorite things to hunt. Mine ranked are:
1 - Turkey
2a - Duck
2b - Deer
3 - Goose - Used to be #1 but has recently moved down the list
4 - Dove
10 - Fishing (not my cup of tea but more power to you that love it)

Nothing beats hearing a gobble in the trees while it is still dark outside. Then having Mr. Big strut into your decoys full show. I have seen three doing that this year and it never gets old.

What about you?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Turkeys frustrate the living heck outta me. This year they have gobbled their head off until they hit the ground. They’ve gone dead silent after coming down.
I started out goose hunting and chased the dang things all over the state beginning in about 89. Don’t do it much anymore but love to watch the birds work. These days, I’m a fair weather hunter and shoot most of my deer with an iPhone!

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have to say my favorite in order.
1. Coyote ( predators)
2. Deer
3. Hogs
4. Quail
5. Squirrel
6. Dove
7. Fishing
8. Crow
9. Rabbits
Never acquired a taste for duck or geese. Was a Turkey maniac in my younger days. I could never call them in close. But had a friend that was what I thought a master Turkey caller, he could coax'em in with ease. After he was killed in a accident I just lost interest I hate to say. Spent many a great day afield with him calling.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday I was turkey hunting with my brother and we were discussing our favorite things to hunt. Mine ranked are:
1 - Turkey
2a - Duck
2b - Deer
3 - Goose - Used to be #1 but has recently moved down the list
4 - Dove
10 - Fishing (not my cup of tea but more power to you that love it)

Nothing beats hearing a gobble in the trees while it is still dark outside. Then having Mr. Big strut into your decoys full show. I have seen three doing that this year and it never gets old.

What about you?
SF reminded me about hogs, not sure how I forgot them as I hunt them at least ten to fifteen times a year.

Hogs are my new #4, doves moved to #5. I was fortunate enough to get to hunt hogs out of a helicopter this year. Talk about a great time. It was sure fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom