recieved a free gun!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You may recall my thread a while back about the man in my church that gave me some gun related belt buckles.
Well his wife died and on Wed. I preached her funeral and he asked me to drop by later that evening.
Much to my surprise he INSISTED I have her "old" pistol. It is an unfired Ruger bearcat 22lr that he purchased in 1966 at Andy's hardware store for $39. It still has the sticker on the box as well as the paperwork. I have no idea of the value of the gun and only want to know for insurance reasons, but I do know it is really cool!
the serial # starts with 666 so that means it is an "end of the world bearcat and is worth atleast $2000 more....Right? jk
ai256.photobucket.com_albums_hh187_h8ns8npics_6ecf0dda.jpg

Well he brought me something to church this morning! S&W ctg model 10-5. which as well I know very little about. For those that may be wondering why someone would give these to their pastor. it may have something to do with them not having grandkids and always telling us we were their adopted grandkids. We have gotten quite close to them over the past few years.
ai256.photobucket.com_albums_hh187_h8ns8npics_b8db256b.jpg

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the S&W has a serial # but also has a Different # on the bottom of the butt, is that normal?

On the 10-5 there should be a serial number on the butt, and maybe inside the frame where the yoke closes, not on the yoke itself. If there is a number on the yoke its a part number. Take the grips off and see if the serial number is written or stamped on the inside of the rightside grip panel. Some are some aren't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom