Recommend A BUDGET 4-12 Scope For SCAR 17

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am wanting to put a scope on my scar 17 and looking for some suggestions on a 4-12 (or similar) powered scope as well as mount. I don't have much experience with optics and never really got into distance shooting so I have no clue where to start. I would just like to be able to reach out a little ways and hit some gongs at 400 yards and also hunt deer with it if I feel the desire to. I was looking at the vortex diamondback but I would like to here what you all say.

Im wanting to stay under $500 for the scope and mount...Im not looking to get sub MOA out of a 308 battle rifle, not that I am capable. Just looking to have some fun on a budget.

any help is appreciated folks.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should be able to ring gongs at 400 with iron sights with that blaster!

If you're on a budget, spend the optics money on ammo and enjoy!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i just got a vortex crossfire. i looked at the diamondback but really like the eye relief of the crossfire. almost an inch more according to the website. my older eyes really need all the help i can get!
ebay has the vortex diamondback 4x12x40 for 174.99 with free shipping. not a bad deal

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the money the redfield revelation scopes are nice. Nikon vortex even leupold have some options in your budget. Vortex has an amazing warranty and some nice glass in the 500 dollar range (vipers) The Japanese bushnells are nice I have a redfield 4-12x40 on a compact 243 that has served me well. The type of reticle you want (your choice) will affect price from most manufactures. Good luck in your search.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.