Red Castle Gun Club?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone here have info on Red Castle Gun Club? Im relatively new to the area and have been looking for somewhere to shoot. Ive heard mostly good things about Red Castle, but havent seen it for myself and their website is well.....pitiful.

After about a 30 minute search a few weeks ago I finally found the address for the range and drove out there but the gate was locked. Im not really keen on dropping $300 on something Ive never seen even pictures for so would really like to find out how to be able to come out and take a look first.

Im from CA, and lived in AR before here. Thus far the ranges Ive been to outside of CA have been disappointing. I dont know why, I never thought anything that has to do with guns would be better in CA. Maybe because more people have their own land to shoot on here and are less dependent on ranges.

Anyways, anything details you can provide on Red Castle as far as what they have available as far as distances and what types of different disciplines they offer would be extremely helpful.

Jared

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The web site for Red Castle is tulsaredcastlegunclub

Offered are Wobble trap, Sporting Clays plinking range , Cowboy Saas , 600 yd range. 100 -200 benchrest , pistol range .22 silhoutette ,trap and skeet

A new indoor range opened at 11 th Street and Zunis

Next club meeting is Oct 31

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice set of ranges, it may seem expensive but once you have seen what they have you realize that you really do get what you pay for
They do not let just anyone in anymore and you do have to attend a half day learning the rules and becoming famaliar with the facilities
You can shoot anything you want but there are limits, only one range for a 50 BMG and machine guns only on the plinking range
they are moving the trap and skeet ranges up by the wobble range so looking for more improvements
1000 yard range only available twice a year because of shooting over the head of all other ranges so everything else closes down those days.
600 yard range almost always open and has berms at 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 and 600 yards.
They are a CMP range so being a member will help get you qualified to buy from the CMP
Members must all be NRA members and if you aren't a member already they will sell you a discount membership with your membership or renual
The indoor range and outdoor range are seperate memberships, you don't have to buy both if your not going to use both

all I can think of for now.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Do either of the rifle ranges offer any targets or are they all just paper? Also, maybe this is a dumb question whats a wobble trap?

You say they dont just let anyone join, so how do you become a member? Is there a way to visit the range before signing up, if not to shoot just to look around?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
metal silhouttes 200-500 meters centerfire rifle
silhouttes 25 -100 meters 22lr
silhouttes 50-200 meters centerfire pistol
falling plates for pistol

a wobble trap is also called crazy quail I think.
its an oscilating clay pigeon machine that trows in
different directions depending on when you push the button.

plinking range is for cans and bottles

membership after the first year's inition fee is actually about the cheapest around.

what Honeybee meant was they don't just turn anybody loose to shoot up the place.
you have to attend an orientation class first.

I have been known to give short non-shooting tours during the week
when I'm out there working if you talk nice to me! he he!

will also have a booth at Wanamachers arms show with info and videos

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Mr. Ed.

When is the Wanamachers show? I looked forward to going soooo much when I first moved here, and now that Im here Ive missed it every time.

Id love a tour. Email me at [email protected], Id appreciate a tour.

The orientation is no problem and probably for the best.

How does Red Castle compare to USSA? Obviously USSA has more classes and is known more for their instruction, but what about the range at USSA?

Latest posts

Top Bottom