red dot vs holographic sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The narrow field of view on the Aimpoint is practically negated by adopting the both eyes open method of aiming....I've used both Aimpoints and Eotechs and always came back to the Aimpoint. Less cluttered reticle, lower mounting height, simple operation, insane battery life etc....

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been researching the same topic and am leaning toward the aimpoint. Sorry if this is a hijack but how do the aimpoint/ eotechs compare to the tactical scopes like a luepold or vortex, Burris, etc? How versitle are these optics for use on non AR rifles like a lever action. My AR is an all purpose rifle that I would like to hunt with but am also wanting to improve sights on my marlin 44 mag without breaking the bank.

wheats

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like my EOTech because of the reticule as opposed to just a single, red dot. It's helpful to be able to estimate range drop off based on the single dot and the outer circle.

IndianaResident

New to the site!
Reaction score
I've had both eotech 511 and 512, as well as an aimpoint t-1 and compm4.
I like the t1 best of all for its weight and battery life.

The eotech reticle is too large and blocky for me.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://http://www.mylucidgear.com/reddot.php

A poor mans aimpoint. I have been pleased with mine.

One thing the lucid has going for it is a little light sensor that automatically adjusts the brightness of the reticle depending upon the ambient light. It works surprisingly well.

Your link doesn't work. Do you have anything else?

I always thought the poor mans Aimpoint was a Primary Arms.

eellis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my eotech but the reticle is a little blurry and a little difficult to see during sunny days but you can't beat the accuracy. I got sick of wasting my money on cheaper scopes so I dropped some coin on some nice ones . I currently have eotech and Trijicon accupiont . My advice save your money and buy you something good.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How difficult is it to transition the T1 to another firearm?

Should be pretty easy, especially if you can put a small section of rail on whatever you you want to mount it on. I've seen some lever guns with Aimpoints on them, bolt guns, shotguns etc...very versatile.

Latest posts

Top Bottom