Red River Showdown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thousand percent agree. All I hear when OU loses is all these people coming out saying that’s what OU gets and making fun of the fans. I don’t get it, I am an OU alum and fan so of course I root for OU every time, but the rest of the games I root for OSU also since they are in Oklahoma. Never once after an OSU loss have I gone online and trolled or riled up the OSU fans… I don’t get what their obsession is with OU.

Especially this year. We lost like half the coaches and 40% of last years players. Real great look for all those fans of other teams bashing OU. If that happened to another team (other than Texas) I would feel awful for those kids and fans. At the end of the day I want to watch good football games win or lose. I am excited for the move to the SEC even if OU loses 3-4 games a year. Hopefully it doesn’t happen but I want to see those matchups and hard games.
I totally agree.
I even posted on this thread, the one I started that we came back to our hotel and watched the OSU game and was routing for OSU to win.

I just don’t understand why so many have such an obsession with OU and feel the need to troll on our threads just to be negative.
Just don’t get it.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thousand percent agree. All I hear when OU loses is all these people coming out saying that’s what OU gets and making fun of the fans. I don’t get it, I am an OU alum and fan so of course I root for OU every time, but the rest of the games I root for OSU also since they are in Oklahoma. Never once after an OSU loss have I gone online and trolled or riled up the OSU fans… I don’t get what their obsession is with OU.

This. I have always pulled for OSU when they aren't playing OU.

Especially this year. We lost like half the coaches and 40% of last years players. Real great look for all those fans of other teams bashing OU. If that happened to another team (other than Texas) I would feel awful for those kids and fans. At the end of the day I want to watch good football games win or lose. I am excited for the move to the SEC even if OU loses 3-4 games a year. Hopefully it doesn’t happen but I want to see those matchups and hard games.

This too. I just don't get how you can celebrate after thrashing a team that is a shell of its former self.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It’s the arrogance of some OU fans that cause me to bash them. 1 or 2 members on here in particular. Look at their posts and you’ll see why. I used to root for OU when they weren’t playing OSU. Now I consider it a glorious day when they lose. The last 2 Saturdays have been wonderful to watch. I hope they finish dead last in the Big 12.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
2E4B33AC-CB13-46CC-81B4-0319F80DC79E.jpeg

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming my previous post, and no spin made on my part, I just stated the facts. Folks can go back and look at every OU or OSU or college football thread ever made on OSA or anywhere else and confirm what I said above for themselves if they wish. FB, Tiktok, IG was/is just absolutely ripe with Sooner fan(and player) bafoonery last night and this morning, ripe. The majority of Sooner fans simply can't just say that they're not good this year, and there's nothing wrong with an off year or more even, it's not the end of the Sooner nation.....but to the majority it is, and they act like fools for all to see.

That’s because the vast majority of their fans are front running MF’ers. Present company seems to be excluded. Most of these guys here seem stable enough.

Most of them have 1 tie to the school; the football team. They don’t love the university. They love the football team because they win, most of the time. When they lose, the walmart hats get burned. I actually saw that last night on a video. Crying, by grown men, and burning fan gear. When sports is your one and only tie to a school, that’s what happens. It is what it is.

I’m not busting anyone’s chops here. It’s just a fact. I don’t personally know anyone that attended the school in Norman that is a jerk about the football program. Not one. I don’t know that many of them though. Maybe a couple three. The vast majority of uo fans I’ve ever met have never stepped foot on campus, and those that have went for a sporting event. The reason for that is a history of winning National Championships. It’s as simple as that.

I’m an oSu fan. Have been all my life. My big brother & sister went to school there, lived on campus, and got degrees. I lived with my sister and her husband for a time in married student housing after my dad died. I was 9. I got my degree there. I have lifelong friends from the places I lived and people I hung out with. A large amount of my friends came from my years in college. I’m an oSu sports fan because of that. It sure as **** ain’t because our football team was a national powerhouse. I truly don’t know a single oSu sports fan that didn’t go to school there. I can tell you this, 0-10-1 don’t get you a lot of front running fans. It is what it is. With the recent success, we will probably pick up some bandwagon fans, and they’re welcome aboard. The more the merrier.

I’m not saying one is better than the other as far as fans, I’m saying the fan bases are different, and they always will be. You might say we don’t get that upset about losing cause we’ve got a **** ton of experience at it. Still hurts, but I don’t know anyone that’s burned a hat.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s the arrogance of some OU fans that cause me to bash them. 1 or 2 members on here in particular. Look at their posts and you’ll see why. I used to root for OU when they weren’t playing OSU. Now I consider it a glorious day when they lose. The last 2 Saturdays have been wonderful to watch. I hope they finish dead last in the Big 12.
I'd consider myself an OU fan, but not a serious one. That bias acknowledged, I see a lot more hostility from OSU fans than OU.

Is that because of the arrogance exhibited by OU fans or is it at least in part because of the baggage OSU fans carry with them? I mean, there is no objective way to argue that OSU football hasn't played 2nd fiddle to OU from the beginning. And I'm not saying that as a jab. I just don't see how that point is arguable.

Now, it would be very tiring and frustrating to be in that spot as a fan, I get that. If I don't even acknowledge that, would it color how I perceive conversations? I'd think it could.

If OU's current difficulty gives ya some pleasure, so be it I guess.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd consider myself an OU fan, but not a serious one. That bias acknowledged, I see a lot more hostility from OSU fans than OU.

Is that because of the arrogance exhibited by OU fans or is it at least in part because of the baggage OSU fans carry with them? I mean, there is no objective way to argue that OSU football hasn't played 2nd fiddle to OU from the beginning. And I'm not saying that as a jab. I just don't see how that point is arguable.

Now, it would be very tiring and frustrating to be in that spot as a fan, I get that. If I don't even acknowledge that, would it color how I perceive conversations? I'd think it could.

If OU's current difficulty gives ya some pleasure, so be it I guess.

Here the deal, if you’re a die hard fan of either school and you tell me you cheered for the other one when they weren’t playing your school, you’re not a die hard fan, or you don’t understand how college football used to work.

I was an oSu fan, when uo lost that was good for my team. A loss by oSu benefited uo. Even out of conference. I generally pulled for uo in bowl games, but not very hard. Same for all the uo fans I know and am friends with. It was bad for their team when my team won.

Now with the conference shake ups and NIL, and Lord knows what else is on the horizon I don’t know that any of that matters anymore. At least not for uo & osu. Now uo and ut, that’s a different deal. I will promise you, every uo loss is a win for ut and vice versa. They recruit the exact same area, and one being bad helps the other. It’s been like that for a long, long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom