• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City -SOLD- Pietta Model 1860 Army .44-Caliber Black Powder Revolver w/ Everything Need (New)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this item for sale?
  1. For Sale
Sale Price
350.00$
Caliber
.44 black powder
Pietta Model 1860 Army .44-Caliber Black Powder Revolver w/ Everything Need (New). Brand New, Unused. Cylinder is engraved, but in the pictures it looks like scratches.....they are not scratches.....pistol is in perfect condition. Perfect Father's Day Gift

Includes everything needed to get started except the powder. Includes: Pistol, 100 No. 11 percussion caps, 100 lead round .44 cal balls, powder flask, straight line capper, nipple wrench, extra nipples, black powder solvent in spray bottle, black powder solvent in bottle with small parts basket, muzzle loader lube, Rem oil, and silicone cloth.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.1.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
10.jpg

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
That looks like fun. Do you know if the paper cartridges are still available?

From wiki:

When the Colt Model 1860 was used by 19th century soldiers, they most often loaded the gun using paper cartridges. These cartridges consisted of a pre-measured load of black powder and a ball, wrapped in nitrated paper (paper that had been soaked in potassium nitrate and then dried, to make it more flammable). To load each chamber, one only had to slip the cartridge into the front of the chamber and seat the ball with the loading lever ram. Then a percussion cap was placed onto the raised aperture, called a nipple, at the back end of the chamber.[citation needed]

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never used a paper catridge or seen them available. My understanding is that the paper cartridges were bad about cross/chain firing. I think most people seal the cylinder with beeswax or something else instead of paper cartridges. I'm really not a black powder guy and I'm trying to help my father-in-law sell this. He never even shot or took this outside....it was a gift to him from some co-workers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom