Reference for pricing used brass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glassparman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't even pick up the common calibers like 9mm, 223, 5.56 anymore because nobody wants to pay for it and I can't use it.

I only pickup stuff I'll reload myself as scrap prices are low.

It is worth what someone will pay you.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had thousands of rounds of once fired 9mm brass that I couldn't sell for $20 per 1000. I know my location hurts me on selling stuff. I needed the room and sold it for scrap in Stillwater. I hated to but, I needed it gone.
I find way more 9mm than I sell. It goes to the scrapyard

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People get upset sometimes selling brass. There's "as shot" brass and then there's "processed" brass a large price difference and a lot of work goes into the processed brass.
Processed brass is deprimed, resized, length trimmed, polished.
As shot brass is picked up and put in bag.
Even then there can be price differences if it was sorted by headstamp.
Yep. All this.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sitting on a gold mine..............and I'm not talking about my butt.
IMO 40 S&W is so cheap don't even think about picking it up, just buy it cleaned. Load, shoot, and walk away, then unburden yourself by what has been.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve tried to sell brass for years and never had much luck, and in my opinion, it’s more trouble than it’s worth. Now, I just give it away or throw it away.
I feel the same. I have sent some to a handful of members and just ask them to pay shipping. Dropped off 50 cases of.223 to a member today. I scrounge and trade for calibers I need with calibers I don’t need.
A couple of years ago I had taken some scrap to the salvage yard and they had a 55 gallon barrel full of assorted brass that someone had just dropped off, I don’t think I could ever fill one up myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom