reload 380 or 32acp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reload 380. It's just 9mm with a little shorter case. No problems yet using hp38/w231 powder with a 95gr FMJ for practice loads. I could see 32acp or especially 25acp cases being a challenge.

For those with a Dillon 550 press, to load 380 you can use the shellplate and buttons from a 223 conversion kit and the powder funnel from a 9mm kit. One good part about a progressive is you only have to load the case once into the shellplate before it is ejected as a completed round. Using a single stage press would require multiple handling of the case and that might prove frustrating for some. With the price and availability of 380 ammo, I'd get over any frustration fairly quickly.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I load 25acp, 32acp , 380 and a host of larger cases. You really have to be careful with the smaller cases not to pinch fingers in the loading process. I like Alliant Red Dot powder for the 25 and 32. Bullseye works well also, but my preference is the red dot. I seem to get more consistent performance with it in the small cases. I guess I've loaded about 3K rounds between 25 and 32 using red dot. I bought a large supply of jacketed bullets at one of the Wanamacher shows some years ago and still have enough 25 acp bullets to last me the rest of my life. Now if I could just find the cases for 25 and 32 acp.. Blitzfike

Bill's in Claremore has some used .25 brass. I picked up 250 rounds of GB for $15 + shipping. If you have a surplus of bullets for the .25 I would be interested in some.

sabot_round

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reload and cast bullets for both with great success. It's very relaxing for me and I have been cooking some loads that will work in any weapon that I own in those calibers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom