Reload data for 7.62X54R Mosin Nagant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabot_round

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While we're on the subject, what surplus ammo shoots well out of a 91/30?

7.62x54r.net has data that show that heavy ball (yellow tip) ammo works well for the 91/30's barrel length. I have a few hundred rounds of Bulgarian heavy ball and they seem to shoot OK but the recoil sucks. I haven't tried any of the better stuff like Czech light ball though.

Not that I really care about accuracy too much; I mostly got the Nagant because it was cheap and I wanted to make things asplode.

I actually like those WWB that I found in Colorado a while back. In fact I still have 2 boxes of it. Other than that, I load my own.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually like those WWB that I found in Colorado a while back. In fact I still have 2 boxes of it. Other than that, I load my own.

I would, but I don't have a reloading setup and with the Nagant, neither per-round cost nor accuracy could really be improved by reloading.

Now, my K31 on the other hand, might inspire me to invest in a Rock Chucker or something.

dhomoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are not wrong. You can't resize steel cases. Once it expands, it will not go back to the original shape. You will damage your dies before you know it.

No you are wrong here. I have reloaded Wolf .45 steel, and they now use boxer primers so the berdan issue is out the door. I have reloaded it and shot it and as long as the cases look good I will continue to do so. They work great.

OicnaiC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, my K31 on the other hand, might inspire me to invest in a Rock Chucker or something.

You should. You can make that Swiss jewel even more accurate with the right loads. Plus the cost savings could trickle down to everything you shoot/reload.

As for the original topic try this page: http://stevespages.com/page8c.htm
Data is sorted by bullet size so remember the Nagant uses a .310 dia bullet.
Also the Lee Modern Reloading book has some good data for that caliber

Latest posts

Top Bottom