rem vtr or weatherby van

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Rem VTR (R15) is built by Bushmaster and the R25 (308) is built by DPMS. They have taken those guns, put a camo finish on them and the Remongton name which equals a few more $. That being said, I have the R15 in 22 inch barrel and it does a very nice job at grouping moa. My main purpose for this gun is larger varmits, coyote, domestic dog (that are constantly being turned out in the country and joining existing packs) etc. It has really been a nice gun fo rthat purpose.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he is trying to decide between the remington 700 VTR and the Weatherby Vangaurd. With that being said, I would go Remington. It is a well balanced gun and no matter what happens, you still have a 700 action that you could build from in the future. I have a firend that owns a VTR in .204 and that gun is a shooter. This is all just my opinion, I would go Remington.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Weatherby Vanguard in .223 and it is factory guaranteed to shoot 1-1/2" groups, and I get a lot of comfort knowing the factory has confidence to give every one that guarantee, and it was under 400 bucks brand new. The factory test target with my gun was a bit over 3/4" and I could equal that with cheap Remington 50 round value-packs. After I adjusted the trigger down to about 3 lbs I liked basically everything about the rifle and other people who shot it liked it also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom