Remember the Florida Trooper arresting the cop for speeding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh, I'd like to see the timestamps on the recorded speeds. If a trooper is blowing down the pike at 100+ at 3 AM I don't really care. If a trooper is blowing down the pike at 100+ at 3PM, I'm following him. When he gets all high and mighty and writes me a ticket for doing so is when I would have problems.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow; never thought about using turnpike records for proof of speeding but that would be pretty hard to argue since a set distance could be measured for time.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Meh, I'd like to see the timestamps on the recorded speeds. If a trooper is blowing down the pike at 100+ at 3 AM I don't really care. If a trooper is blowing down the pike at 100+ at 3PM, I'm following him. When he gets all high and mighty and writes me a ticket for doing so is when I would have problems.

Why?!?!

I bet the Police would have a problem with you doing that no matter what time of day. They shouldn't be above the law either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DC said:
Wow; never thought about using turnpike records for proof of speeding but that would be pretty hard to argue since a set distance could be measured for time.

Back in the day, and I guess they still could, the Kansas turnpike required you to get a paper from a dispenser that was time stamped, that was given to an attendant with the money at the final destination.
On occasion when exiting the turnpike you would see a vehicle pulled over by KHP that had blown by you earlier. I asked an attendant about the time stamp deal, but never got a straight answer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom