Remember This When Scott Pruitt Runs For Governor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Long story short:

In 1989 southwestern bell filed for a rate increase and it passed the corporation commission by a 2-1 vote.

Subsequently, one of the commissioners ( Bob Hopkins ) and a southwestern bell attorney were convicted of bribery in the case.

Now, a lawsuit has been filed to return 14 billion dollars to ratepayers on the argument that the 2-1 was invalid because the bribed vote of Hopkins was illegal so the legal vote was 1-1 and the rate increase was not approved by the CC.

AT&T, then SW Bell, argues against the lawsuit and AG Scott Pruitt sides with AT&T before the Oklahoma Supreme Court.

http://okenergytoday.com/2015/10/at...er-he-sided-with-firm-in-old-rate-case-fight/

I just want my check. Where do apply for free money?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mean the one for $1.14 after the crap-weasels...errr...lawyers get their skim, right???

You got that right. Class Action suits typically don't benefit anybody but the legal folks.

That's why the crooks should keep the money.
To prevent the victims and their lawyers from stealing the money in the second place.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question was more rhetorical. I understand that our state constitution was written at a time when the labor movement and progressivism were hip and trendy, and in many areas it reflects that. But no matter how much it's codified, it still doesn't make it right.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question was more rhetorical. I understand that our state constitution was written at a time when the labor movement and progressivism were hip and trendy, and in many areas it reflects that. But no matter how much it's codified, it still doesn't make it right.
Rhetorical?

I'm not going to delve into anti-trust law and monopolies on a gun forum with someone who is uneducated on the subject.
If you really want to know the history and detail we have numerous public libraries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom