REMINGTON 870 "POLICE MARINE MAGNUM" Model # 25047.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRACONIS

New to the site!
Reaction score
I Own A Remington 870 "Police" Marine Magnum Model#25047, With The Remington Police "Synthetic" Polypropheline Stock And ForeGrip. The Gun Is New In The Box And Has Never Been Fired, But I Was Wondering If A Nice High Gloss Walnut Stock And ForeGrip Fom A "12 Gauge 870 Wingmaster" Would Swap Out To Replace The Factory Synthetic One's Since I Prefer Wood To Synthetic. Also I See That The Only 870 Model Simular To The One I Have Is The Remington 870 "Special Purpose" Marine Magnum Model#5012 Availiable At Remington After Checking All Their Websites. Both Models Are Nickel Plated, But The Sights, Sling, Stock, And ForeGrip Seem To Be Different Even Though Both Have Improved Cylinder Factory Barrel's And Synthetic Stock And ForeGrips. Any Information About These Two Models Of The "870 Marine Magnum" Would Be Appreciated, Especially If You Own Or Have Used One For "Hunting" With The 18" Improved Cylinder Factory Barrel As Opposed To Being Used As A "Home Defense Or Service Weapon" Only. Also, Information In Comparing These Nickel Plated "Remington Marine Models" To The "Mossberg And Winchester Marine Models" Would Also Be Helpful If You Have Any Experience In That Area. Thanks....

Last edited:

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont know, but WELCOME!!! I think you set a new record youve been a member for 19 months before you got the courage up to submit your first post. congrats and again welcome

DRACONIS

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi, It's Not A Matter Of Courage, Just Trying To Get Some Information On My 870 "Police" Marine Magnum To Determine If I Want To Keep It, Sell, Or Trade It For A Nice Stainless Or Nickel .44 Magnum Revolver With A 4" Barrel. A Nice Stainless Or Nickel S&W 629-3, Ruger Redhawk, Or Colt Anaconda For Example, Or Possibly One Of The Bigger Caliber S&W Or Ruger Big Bore Revolver's. I Was Also Curious As To How "Rare Or Common" The Particular 870 "Police" Marine Magnum Model#25047 That I Own Is Compared To The 870 "Special Purpose" Marine Magnum Model#5012 That Seems To Be What Everyone Else Has That I've Seen And What It May Actually Be Worth. I've Not Seen Any Other Postings Here On Either Of These Two Particular Remington 870 Marine Models, Or Even Postings About The "Mossberg And Winchester Marine Models" If They Still Make Them. Thanks....

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, Welcome To The Forum, Good Job Sneaking A WTT Ad Into Here Without Having The Required 20 Posts. Enjoy Your Stay!

DRACONIS

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi, My 870 Police Marine Magnum "IS NOT" For Sale Or Trade At The Present Time, And I'm Not Trying To "Sneak" A "WTT" Advertisement In To Cheat Or Beat Any Required 20 Post Site Protocol Requirement. The Revolver's I Listed Are What I've Been Offered By People Trying To Get Me To Trade For Their Guns After They Have Seen My 870 Police Marine Magnum That Is Still New In It's Factory Box. I'm Retired Navy And Trying To Find Out As Much As I Can About The 870 Model I Own To Attemp To Find Out The Present Real Value And Rarity Of It. I Hope It Is Not The Normal Practice Of Member's Of This Site To Assume That Everyone That Post Here Is Trying To Cheat Or Be Deceptive In Their Posting's. I've Been A Member For Over A Year And Reading The Forum And Enjoying The Site And Have Had No Personal Reason To Post Before And Obviously Not A Person To Just Post To Compete Or Make A Quota Of Non-Helpful Posting's. If I Were Trying To Sell Or Trade My 870P You Would See It Listed On Armslist Due To The Fact They Don't Require 20 Postings Etc... Or If I Did Not Have People Trying To Talk Me Out Of My "870P". I've Not Been Able To Find Much Reliable Information On These Marine Model Shotgun's On The Web That Is Not Vague, And Was Really Hoping For First Hand Detailed Information From Other Owner's Etc.... Who Actually Can Offer Productive Information About These Particular 870 Models. Sorry About Your "Mis-Interpretation" Of My Posting And Character That You Chose To Assume, But That Is Not My Intent, And If You Have Any Productive Information That May Help Me Or Other Member's On These Shotgun Model's Please Submit It Here For All To Benefit From. Thanks.....

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a Marine Magnum, they aren't rare, nor do they seem to hold any extraordinary value, at least in this area. Most folks want a plain black shotty, the "bling" of the marine version doesn't get much of a following. It has a very specific application(for a boat, or for harsh/wet conditions) that we don't really require here. All parts from 870's should be interchangeable, there is nothing unusual about the gun other than the finish.

Is there a reason all of your words have the first letter capitalized?

PS. It did kind of seem like you were sneaking in an ad, glad you weren't.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, It's Not A Matter Of Courage, Just Trying To Get Some Information On My 870 "Police" Marine Magnum To Determine If I Want To Keep It, Sell, Or Trade It For A Nice Stainless Or Nickel .44 Magnum Revolver With A 4" Barrel. A Nice Stainless Or Nickel S&W 629-3, Ruger Redhawk, Or Colt Anaconda For Example, Or Possibly One Of The Bigger Caliber S&W Or Ruger Big Bore Revolver's. I Was Also Curious As To How "Rare Or Common" The Particular 870 "Police" Marine Magnum Model#25047 That I Own Is Compared To The 870 "Special Purpose" Marine Magnum Model#5012 That Seems To Be What Everyone Else Has That I've Seen And What It May Actually Be Worth. I've Not Seen Any Other Postings Here On Either Of These Two Particular Remington 870 Marine Models, Or Even Postings About The "Mossberg And Winchester Marine Models" If They Still Make Them. Thanks....

Hi, My 870 Police Marine Magnum "IS NOT" For Sale Or Trade At The Present Time, And I'm Not Trying To "Sneak" A "WTT" Advertisement In To Cheat Or Beat Any Required 20 Post Site Protocol Requirement. The Revolver's I Listed Are What I've Been Offered By People Trying To Get Me To Trade For Their Guns After They Have Seen My 870 Police Marine Magnum That Is Still New In It's Factory Box. I'm Retired Navy And Trying To Find Out As Much As I Can About The 870 Model I Own To Attemp To Find Out The Present Real Value And Rarity Of It. I Hope It Is Not The Normal Practice Of Member's Of This Site To Assume That Everyone That Post Here Is Trying To Cheat Or Be Deceptive In Their Posting's. I've Been A Member For Over A Year And Reading The Forum And Enjoying The Site And Have Had No Personal Reason To Post Before And Obviously Not A Person To Just Post To Compete Or Make A Quota Of Non-Helpful Posting's. If I Were Trying To Sell Or Trade My 870P You Would See It Listed On Armslist Due To The Fact They Don't Require 20 Postings Etc... Or If I Did Not Have People Trying To Talk Me Out Of My "870P". I've Not Been Able To Find Much Reliable Information On These Marine Model Shotgun's On The Web That Is Not Vague, And Was Really Hoping For First Hand Detailed Information From Other Owner's Etc.... Who Actually Can Offer Productive Information About These Particular 870 Models. Sorry About Your "Mis-Interpretation" Of My Posting And Character That You Chose To Assume, But That Is Not My Intent, And If You Have Any Productive Information That May Help Me Or Other Member's On These Shotgun Model's Please Submit It Here For All To Benefit From. Thanks.....

Your first post was fine, even though this forum encourages all members to participate by posting where they can be helpful, informative, or just plain entertaining. Lurking for a year and a half is fine, but when you pop up and start asking if people think your 870 is rare or what it's worth - and listing what you'd theoretically consider trading for your 870, it's hard not to interpret your intent otherwise. Plenty of first-timers come here to do just that, and they disappear when they get their information or else are called out on it. Try seeing it from that perspective; if you're still here, great! Post in any and all threads where you can help out or provide a thoughtful comment or a chuckle. We can use more participation - the more, the merrier :)

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your first post was fine, even though this forum encourages all members to participate by posting where they can be helpful, informative, or just plain entertaining. Lurking for a year and a half is fine, but when you pop up and start asking if people think your 870 is rare or what it's worth - and listing what you'd theoretically consider trading for your 870, it's hard not to interpret your intent otherwise. Plenty of first-timers come here to do just that, and they disappear when they get their information or else are called out on it. Try seeing it from that perspective; if you're still here, great! Post in any and all threads where you can help out or provide a thoughtful comment or a chuckle. We can use more participation - the more, the merrier :)

Just report the post, let the Mods sort it out....

DRACONIS

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi, Well It Seems That There Is No Member's As Of Yet That Have The Information I Was Hoping To Find, Instead It Seems That The Majority Of Member's That Have Responded Are More Interested In My Typing Skill's And Assumed Presentation Etc....Than Trying To Be Helpful. As Far As Why I Type The Way I Do "It's A Bad Habit Aquired During 4 Year's Of Naval Service Spent In Charleston, S.C. During Shore Duty" Where The Armory Officer Required All Forms And Department Acquisition's Etc...Be Submitted To Him In This Manner Capitalising Every Word From Everyone Under Him And It Stuck And I Do It WithOut Thinking About It. He Was A "Liberal Democrat" And Quite Frankly An Idiot That Basically Only Took Up Space And Used Valuable Air, The Acadamy Type Officer That Was Only Booksmart, From Northern California, And Had No Hands On Experience. I Am Neither Democrat Or Republican, I Am Old School American. My Typing Skill's Are Of The "Hunt & Peck" Method And Enough To Get A Message Across If Needed, I Don't "Text" Or Own A "Cell" Phone, And I've Never Felt I Need To Learn Every Nuance Of Typing To Impress Anyone With "White Collar" Skill's As If I May Be Applying For A Job At Some Liberal Business As A Secratary. So Anyway, Hope That Will Clear Up The Burning "Need To Know" Responses That Are Non-Productive On My Posting For Information. Sorry If My Posting Has Upset Anyone, But This May Be An Example As To Why People Hesitate To Participate In Forums But Just Read Them Like I Have. Please Pardon And Overlook Any Words That Are Spelled Incorrectly, Improperly Punctuated, Etc....Or Simply Not Typed Properly To Your Expectations On This Forum And Carry On. Again, Sorry If I Have Upset Anyone, And Please Accept My Lack Of Patience For Prissy, Politically Correct, People Who Have Nothing Helpful To Contribute So They Post Stupid Questions On A Forum That Are Not Relevent To The Subject Matter As If They Are A School Teacher Grading A Paper. This Is The Last Posting Here From Me On Unless It Involves The Remington 870 Models I Was Trying To Get Information On And Is Actually Productive. Also Thanks To The Mature Responder's Who Try To Be Serious And Provide Any Real Knowledge That May Be Helpful, It Is Appreciated. On A Final Note To Those That Seem Worried About It, My 870 Will Never Be Listed For Sale Or Trade Here On This Site Should I Ever Decide To Get Rid Of It, I Will Probably Just Keep My Eye Open For A Nice "Walnut Or Mahogany" 870 "Wingmaster Or Police" Stock And ForeGrip And Swap Out The Synthetic Stock And ForeGrip On It If They Will Swap Over With No Issues Or Modifications Needed. Anyway, If You Have Any Useful Information Or Information On These Various "Marine" Model Shotguns Please Share It. Thanks.....