Review: Little FoxX hybrid IWB holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until recently, I always carried a Kel Tec .380 in a pocket holster. However, I decided it was much more desirable to carry a full size combat handgun. So as to stay out of trouble, I reluctantly paid for a permission slip for my privilege to bear arms, and started shopping for a good IWB holster for my M&P .40. I came across this one, and decided to give it a try. Now that I have been carrying with it for about 2 1/2 months, I thought I would post a review. It is the Little FoxX, made by FoxX holsters. It is a hybrid leather and kydex IWB. I have very little bad to say about it. It took a little getting used to, like any holster, but now that I have, I really like it. It doesn't have extremely tight retention... no crisp "snap" when the gun is inserted like an all kydex or plastic holster... but it has all the retention it needs (it retains the gun with me hanging upside down and moving around). Also, I had to trim the edge of the leather a little bit to go around the mag release. The way it came, the leather would press against the button and pop the mag out. Overall, it seems to be a well made and well thought out product.

FoxX also sells a hybrid holster that has a belt hook on either side of the gun, rather than on top of it (like a crossbreed), but I went with this one because I thought it would be quicker and easier to don and doff. I am frequently going in and out of buildings with metal detectors, so I need to arm and disarm in my car. It works very well for this. Taking it off is a breeze. To put it back on, all I have to do is undo my belt, stick in the holster, and buckle it back one hole longer. The belt hook is made of kydex. I was a little skeptical of this at first, but I haven't had any signs of trouble so far. Even if it does break, another hook is only $5... I will probably buy an extra one as a backup. In any case, the belt hook is tuckable, which is a feature I love. Even with my full size pistol, it conceals extremely well when carried this way... the grip of the gun hides nicely under the "puff" of the tucked in shirt. It conceals well enough like this that I consider it a viable deep carry option.

I bought the holster from FoxX's website here: http://foxxholsters.onlybusiness.com/onlinecatalog/Little_FoxX__Hybrid_Holster-list.aspx. It cost $39.00 with free shipping. They also sell on E-bay and Amazon for the same price. They have several other products. I will probably buy one of their "super slim" mag carriers pretty soon.

farm8.staticflickr.com_7294_8741577247_8750032737_z.jpg

farm8.staticflickr.com_7294_8742694064_bb7ca37458_z.jpg

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow a full size MP 4o, adjustable cant , deep ride..impressive.
Do you notice it swivel back and forth?
Jeans or slacks?
And $39 dollars, Im gonna have to look into these, any other guns, Glocks, 191's itll fit,
nevermind . I'll look it up ....Thanks

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow a full size MP 4o, adjustable cant , deep ride..impressive.
Do you notice it swivel back and forth?
Jeans or slacks?
And $39 dollars, Im gonna have to look into these, any other guns, Glocks, 191's itll fit,
nevermind . I'll look it up ....Thanks

It works great with either jeans or slacks/suits. I haven't had a problem with it swiveling... once you get it on upright, it pretty much stays put. I carry it at the small of my back. Yep, they make them for most other common pistols too.

I kind of want to try out their FoxX Trapp all kydex holster too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom