1911 concealed carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been carrying a commander sized 1911 around for a week now after firing about 500 rounds through it. I'm really impressed with how much more comfortable it feels IWB. I think its a little lighter than a fully loaded FN509. It surely fits better in the waist band with only being a single stack. The downside is it's only got 8 rounds of ACP, the lords round, versus the 17 rounds in the FN. I'm tempted to add another mag holster to my belt. Does anyone here carry a 1911 as a daily driver and do you carry another mag?

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. I like one of those Milt Sparks pocket carry mag holders or an IWB mag holder on the belt. I’ve been using a Neomag pocket clip lately for my G48 spare and I bet it would work just as well for a 1911 magazine. I got the standard carry version, but wish I’d gone with the deep carry model.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been carrying a commander sized 1911 around for a week now after firing about 500 rounds through it. I'm really impressed with how much more comfortable it feels IWB. I think its a little lighter than a fully loaded FN509. It surely fits better in the waist band with only being a single stack. The downside is it's only got 8 rounds of ACP, the lords round, versus the 17 rounds in the FN. I'm tempted to add another mag holster to my belt. Does anyone here carry a 1911 as a daily driver and do you carry another mag?
You cant carry a 1911! Its 2024! Just kidding, youre a gentleman among boys. Carry on!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My KDS9c may find it's way into my preferred carry gun when I find a good holster. It's sort of a 1911...

I have a nice little Ultra Carry, too, that's pretty easy to tote around all day. 9 rounds and a spare mag.

I've been carrying a 1911 of one flavor or another, off and on, for nearly 30 years. Carried one on duty, too.