Rimfire Scopes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Need advice and recommendations on scope for a new rimfire. I gave in and bought a CZ 452 threaded with intentions to buy a can in the future. I’ve always been an iron sight guy but am getting old man eyes and am working on learning about optics. I’ve read hundreds of threads online and while I have learned a little there are so many options to consider.

My list so far:
Leupold VX-II 3-9x33 EFR
Meuller APV or APT
Weaver V16 or V24
Weaver Classic Rimfire 3-9x32 AO
Nikon P-22
Weaver 2-7
Nikon 4x32 that I bought for a 10/22 but haven’t used yet.

The Muellers get great reviews as far as bang for buck but I’m not opposed to spending a little more. Have a 10/22 that needs a scope also and might put an APV on it and see how I like?

While it would be fun to shoot long distance with a .22 I probably won’t be shooting more than 100 yards and I’m not a bench target shooter.The CZ will be for small game, critters, plinking and general enjoyment. The high magnification scopes are appealing but do I really need one?
Nice rifle and would like to mount a nice scope on it, just don’t have enough experience to know what I want?

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For varminting/plinking I would recommend Nikon 3-9x40 with BDC reticle. Very good glass and BDC reticle will work great past 50 yards; while accurate and predictable, 22LR drops like a rock.

i49.tinypic.com_13zzit.jpg

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As you know, I have a Leupold 4x28 fixed on my CZ. It has fixed focus at 60 yds and is perfect for me out to (and beyond) 100 yds. I went through the hassle you're going through and just couldn't find any good reason to go with high mag or, for that matter, variable.

The CZ deserves a good scope. The 10/22 is probably a good candidate for a nice red dot.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As you know, I have a Leupold 4x28 fixed on my CZ. It has fixed focus at 60 yds and is perfect for me out to (and beyond) 100 yds. I went through the hassle you're going through and just couldn't find any good reason to go with high mag or, for that matter, variable.

The CZ deserves a good scope. The 10/22 is probably a good candidate for a nice red dot.

It was your classified that got me wanting a CZ again and I had seen one with the threaded barrel. Thanks a lot. :)

Let me know if the your rifle sells without the scope.

Latest posts

Top Bottom