Road rage guy Pt. 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like a slow day on the forum so i'll go ahead and post up my run in with another angry road rage guy. So I left work and went to walmart in owasso a couple weeks ago. I was driving eastbound on 96th st minding my own business. The 121st st ( i think) light was red and i pulled up to a stop behind a blue 05-09 vert mustang. Well the guy rolls his window down and makes some weird hand gesture and no it wasnt a middle finger, kinda more like that gesture you make when somebody is yacking your ear off on the phone or whatnot. Well he did that and rolled his window back up. Light turns green and he moves to the right 1 lane, next light is red and i get into the turn lane to turn into walmart, said man in mustang rolls down his window again and starts cursing and screaming and yelling at me about this and that and the other called me a a-hole and said something about "I dont care if your a cop or not" yack yack yack... I had my window down listening to all this crap he was spewing and i wanted to say something back but i didnt. I just rolled my window up and turned into walmart parking lot. He did not follow me.......and strangely enough he looked like road rage man #1 that chased me from owasso to claremore. Old guy in his 50's with a long ponytail and beard driving a blue mustang vert, not a white cadillac.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you saying you're a road rage magnet? You just attract those types? I think you did good. Just let it go and move on your way and he goes his. I've seen some fools before that I turn just to get away from them and put distance between us.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a run-in with a road rager Saturday night, whom I assuming was drunk.

I was heading east on I-44 in the right lane about to take the exit/on-ramp for Broadway Extension north. For those who live around here, you know that the exit ramp for the Broadway Extension interchange runs alongside I-44 for a couple of hundred yards before you can merge right to take Broadway/77 south or go straight for another 100 yards or so to turn right and loop around to go Broadway north.

Well, I'm minding my own business and have made the exit onto the off-ramp when all of a sudden from the middle or far left lane this car swings right into the off-ramp maybe 15-20 feet in front of me. In doing so, he went over a curb and lost a hubcap that happened to go straight under my truck. I flash my high-beams a couple of times and he rolls down his window and sticks his middle finger in the air at me. Whatever.

He happens to be going the same route I'm going. We both get onto Broadway with no problem. Well, I hop into the left lane and pass him and he immediately jumps behind me, turning his high-beams on (protip for road-ragers: when you drive a 90's Kia/VW/Hyundai with brown headlights, your highbeams do nothing to irritate me, especially since I have 2% tint on my windows and you're riding so far up my arse my tailgate is blocking your headlights anyway). I change back over into the right lane and he follows me there. Mostly running his high-beams, but also flashing them at me every now and then, especially at off-ramps. He'd also signal and move into every exit lane while flashing his brights in an attempt to get me to pull over and fight him, I suppose. In between exit ramps he keeps pulling up beside me, once he tried to run me off the road by swerving into my lane. When that didn't work he tried pulling in front of me and throwing stuff out of his window, which didn't work at all (one was a cup of coke which went all down the side of his car, it didn't make it 4 inches out of his car, he was either that drunk or that much of a wuss). Me not taking his bait seemed to make him more upset. At one point he pulled in the lane next to me and ahead of me about 20 feet while the passenger was hanging out of the window yelling and trying to get me to pull over. It was then that I laughed because he was wearing a sleeveless black t-shirt and had a phaggy dyed-black emo haircut, looking much like the homos from Avenged Sevenfold.

I wasn't worried about much until they got off the same exit I did, which is close to my house. I was going to drive in the general direction of my neighborhood and if he followed me that far I was going to call the police and have this guy follow me into their net, but about 1/2 mile away from my house they decided to give up.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice moves, Danny Tanner. It pisses them off more when you don't lower yourself to their level. One time on I40 East(on my way to Mississippi), some guys were playing the "I wanna race" game(because my '05 Altima just bleeds horsepower:anyone: ). I had my cruise control set so I didn't care but they kept cutting me off and slowing down so I would just cruise around them. When I decided it was time for a bathroom break so I pulled into a rest stop. They apparently got off at the next exit and came back around to the rest stop I was at. As I was getting back in my car they jumped out of their's with the obvious intent to teach me a lesson(how dare I use cruise control). I decided to do a function check on my XD where they could see it. They stopped cold right where they were and still hadn't gotten back in their car when I drove off. I guess they waited until there were some miles between us before getting back on the Interstate because I didn't see them again.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice moves, Danny Tanner. It pisses them off more when you don't lower yourself to their level. One time on I40 East(on my way to Mississippi), some guys were playing the "I wanna race" game(because my '05 Altima just bleeds horsepower:anyone: ). I had my cruise control set so I didn't care but they kept cutting me off and slowing down so I would just cruise around them. When I decided it was time for a bathroom break so I pulled into a rest stop. They apparently got off at the next exit and came back around to the rest stop I was at. As I was getting back in my car they jumped out of their's with the obvious intent to teach me a lesson(how dare I use cruise control). I decided to do a function check on my XD where they could see it. They stopped cold right where they were and still hadn't gotten back in their car when I drove off. I guess they waited until there were some miles between us before getting back on the Interstate because I didn't see them again.

Idiots. Once they pulled off on the same exit I did I decided it was time to put my CCW in my lap. I tried to keep my exits open in case they wanted to jump out with crow bars or bats or something, but I didn't want trouble since I guess I initiated it by flashing my brights. It probably wouldn't have happened at all had I not done that. Of course it probably wouldn't have happened at all if they weren't ramping off curbs right in front of me.

lol @ your Altima. My brother drives a 90s Jeep Cherokee and he says people try to race him all the time for some reason. Who pulls up next to a Jeep revving and ready to go?

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got no where's to go and I'm in no hurry to get there.

Want to pull in front of me , okay.
Want to slow down and putt along in front of me, okay.
Want to flash your lights at me, okay.
Want to scream at me like sone kind of deranged lunitic, okay.
Want to tap your breaks in front of me, oops I just ran your sorry butt over. :pms2: J/K.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Want to tap your breaks in front of me, oops I just ran your sorry butt over. :pms2: J/K.

Reminds me of the movie Fried Green Tomatoes in the parking lot scene. "You may be faster, but I've got better insurance!"

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

+1

LOL. Nice one Old Fart!

I love it when people get all jacked up and mouthy about things and expect you to engage with them. Nothing works better than just raising your eyebrows, staying calm and saying "hmm, you're mad aren't you?" in a singsong voice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom