Rock Horror Show?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Let's do the Time Warp again!" Be prepared for wild and crazy and you won't have a problem. Audience participation is what has made Rocky Horror a cult classic, so just play along and go with the flow. It is beyond bawdy, so if crude language doesn't offend you (this is where the audience participation comes in), you'll be okay. If bawdy/crude language and highly suggestive movie content is not to your taste, it could be a long evening for y'all.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep. be prepared for the weird and strange and suspend your ability to be offended by pretty much anything and you'll be fine.

Went many times as a high school kid. There were enough of us going together that we usually brought one item each to participate with. I normally brought rice or cards. I can still remember having to explain to my mom why i needed rice to go to a movie. I don't think she ever quite got it. Audience participation made the movie, I am sure it makes the live version too.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I better not get groped by no dang weirdo.

With all due respect, my friend, the audience at either version of the Rocky Horror Picture Show (stage or scene) is packed plum full of weirdos. Most showings encourage audience members to come dressed as their favorite character from the movie, and some of those folks can fill out a mighty skimpy costume.:blush:
Here are some of the favorite characters that audience members like to dress up as, and, yes, that is a man on the far right of the pic:

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, Pearl and I saw the stage production in Lawton last year on Halloween, and it was an absolute blast!! Granted, though, I'm a Rocky Horror fan from way back, and I knew about what to expect.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a remake on TV just last week. Wasn't bad.

However, it might not be suitable fare for an old Marine.

I'm going to keep an open mind...wife already bought tickets. I shall provide an in-depth entertainment review after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom